Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The way of the Samuri

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The way of the Samuri
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seppuku#Notable_people_who_committed_seppuk
u

Giving your life for something you truly believe in, in Japan, a very honorable act.
I have sworn to defend and protect the Constitution of the United States. Not its leaders, not corporations, and above all else any thing else to stand in the way of Human beings and the freedom and rights of which they should be entitled.

I read, somewhere, if a Samurai disagreed with the Emperor, he would write a well prepared document, box it up, perform Seppuku and ensure he bled on the chest. It was then held in the highest importance to make sure the Emperor (considered a god at the time) would take to heart why the man sacrificed his life to be heard.

Many problems are abound around the world. I dreamed once that perhaps, taking over the world, not for power, but to bring peace and prosperity was a noble goal. Once in power after about 10 or so years, I should step down and allow the next to take my place, for power corrupts. Should I deny that action then I should be taken care of regardless for I would no longer be the man who wishes peace over power.

Of late, I have wondered what the effects of our current political turmoil, corruption and greed that has seeded its self in our current leaders, if a modern day, proper, Seppuku was to take place.

Would he be a coward for committing to suicide?
A hero to let the world know that the people of the U.S. does care about what's happened to our leaders?
Would our political leaders listen and take to heart the words of the man who committed such an act, simply to be heard and taken into account?
Do you think it would have any impact?

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To answer a couple of your questions in Japan it is ok to take your own life as long as you've failed your family or country. In America it's usually considered the cowards way out thats why we've made killing one's self illegal .

I think in the United States we adopt the philosophy that its not ok for one to take their own life but if you want to give up your life that you should die trying to get people to understand your. A martyr basically. Which i guess if you truly believe in a cause that is what one should do.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
The way of the Samuri
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy