Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Valid Complaints

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Valid Complaints
Partly inspired by this thread:
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/11638/stupid-people-complaining-about
-stupid-things.htm

What constitutes a valid complaint? Is "valid complaint" in itself a bit of an oxymoron?

I find that very few complaints are valid ones, or that the validity of the complaint is not fully understood, even by the complainer.

Are all complaints automatically valid simply because they are feelings a person has? And feelings cannot by refuted by another individual? Why not?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

'Are all complaints automatically valid simply because they are feelings a person has? And feelings cannot by refuted by another individual?'

Why not, if I want to stand around complaining about the fact that the stupid bus stop does not have a blasted roof, then who has the right to say that my complaint is invalid because a bus stop does not need to have a roof to be a bus stop.. yeah well.

My typical complaint on a wet monday morning,

Bloody bus stops, fuckin MPs, nickin money off us for their damn houses and new beds and cant give me a bloody roof, middle class bastards... fucking allowances, how dare they, whilst i stand here getting wet, jesus.

So, what im saying is,
A complaint is a person's expression of unhappiness about a certain situation, and thats how people see it, well I do. So whether we agree with it, or not, like it, or do not, it does not matter.
It is valid if the person who is complaining feels it is, we may just not agree or like it.

It can be so annoying, so annoying, like what Im doing right now, but we live in a world that preaches freedom of speech, therefore, let me say bloody bus stops.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't feel that complaining is ever stupid. I don't really see how it could be anything but valid. If you think about what complaining is you'll find that at the root of it all, its nothing more than people expressing their feelings.

if we take her's post as an example, she is right. a bus stop doesn't require a roof or cover in order to be a bus stop; however, that doesn't make her complaint invalid because its something that bothers her, it how she feels about the quality of the bus stop.

Suppose you were asked to perform a small task that wouldn't take more than a few minutes that you could easily spare, on a day that you maybe weren't in the best mood. The culmination of feelings you are already experiencing in addition to a new task you probably don't wanna do will probably lead to you complaining about the task.

Although complaining will more than likely get you nowhere it isn't an invalid or stupid complaint, you're simply expressing how you feel about the current situation.

I feel as though complaints get on people's nerves often mostly because those other people aren't experiencing what you're feeling at that time, and what bothers you may not bother them in the same way.

Just as any other feelings some people express these feelings a lot while other people complain minimally. So to sum everything up a complaint is simply the expression of an emotion, just as we express love, we must also express anger, sadness, disgust, and so on.

Therefore there can be no invalid complaint because how can you invalidly express an emotion? The emotion is real and valid, therefore the way you express YOUR valid emotion must also be valid, even if other people don't agree.

Valid Complaints
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy