Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

what makes someone a douche bag?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok so right now i am sitting in class and i just really relzing how many people here are dutchbags i want to know what you think makes someone a dutchbag.

Here is my list: they cheat on their girlfriend, they are loud, they don't think before they speak, they don't think logically.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Save us all from stupidity, use spell check.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
First of all I am going to apologies for posting this. I was kind of posting this in a fit rage. Secondly sorry for the miss spellings and grammatical errors it was really hard to write this post while yelling at the person you are writing about.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The reason there are so many douchebags in society is because most popular rolemodels today are douchebags. When people grow up with poor rolemodels, its excepted that they see this as the type of behaviour that leads to success. Unfortunately, I dont see how to fix the problem since each successive batch of kids is aspiring to be as bad as the previous. Just like the blind leading the blind, the stupid are teaching the young and impressionable.

quote:
they don't think before they speak.

You also need to check your own behaviour first. Typing about the very things you hate about someone else, while doing them yourself is not a good way to improve the ratio of douchebags versus ok people. At least you can see your mistake and apologise for it. Thats the first step.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 40yrs • M •
lmao yes lets all do our part in decreasing the "ratio of douchebags."

42yrs • M •
You can learn all about douchebags on this site. It is like the David Attenborough version of sleazebags and their habits.

Sometimes i go to it and i just want to hit something real bad. Some of these people are so unbelievable. When I was growing up there were douchebags, but they were so much more subtle than now. Its like being arrogant and sleazy is in fashion and these guys flaunt it.

http://www.hotchickswithdouchebags.com/

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It doesn't bother me for a second that shallow, beautiful women are constantly found dating arrogant, douchey men. If their relationship really is as shallow and meaningless as it seems, then they're probably having a generally shitty time with each other. What's the crime in that?

"The truth will set you on fire"
 42yrs • M •
Breeding.

Thats the crime.

When shallow ppl get together based purely on physical attraction, and have no concept of what a solid relationship entails, like you say, their relationships are doomed to fail. Sadly, they look to marriage and children as a ways to keep their love together. Their faulty reasoning being: "Its like what people who are really really in love do. If we do it too, we wont fight anymore."

This leads to little baby douchebags being born, who grow up with Papa-douche leaving at the age of 3, and Mama-douche becoming an alcoholic, who raises her children with a television and a belt as her only means of parental guidance.

Which then leads to threads on this site like: "Have you ever wanted to kill your mom?" Or this very one here.... "What makes someone a douchebag?"

Now, I say all this in half jest Chris. I think you are very lucky to not be affected by them. But the fact someone was inspired to start a website about them, that website got very popular, and now there is a published book about the phenomenon, shows I am not the only one to feel this way.

Did you sit down and read much of the stuff on the site? It is done totally tongue in cheek. And is what I consider the only way for someone who feels society is unfair and that good guys always finish last to deal with the subject. Use humor.

I don't know what makes others feel the urge to take cleansing showers or want to hit the people in those pictures, but looking at myself, it may be that I have always been a reluctant alpha male. And it has just been instinctual in a way I don't even understand to have my metaphorical hackles raise whenever these poorly cologned "pretend" alphas are in my vicinity.

In human society it is most common for females to be attracted to the societal alpha male, since he will make the best children.

This means many males try to be the "alpha" of their cliche, but sadly, many end up becoming loud, rude, obnoxious, uncaring, narcissistic etc in order to keep themselves above all the rest. Like the peacock with the brightest plumage will get the female, the male human with the most testosterone induced behavior is likely to get the female.

And poor old Cryptic finds himself in a room full of these monkeys, beating their chests and sniffing each others armpits, and he wonders why he has to put up with it.

But truthfully, there is no crime in their behavior, and they can act how they like.

Just as I, and others who feel the same, wont stop cringing with nausea around them, or from wanting to wipe the pouting sneers from their faces with a cheese grater.

42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I don't know what makes others feel the urge to take cleansing showers or want to hit the people in those pictures

in an odd way, "douche" in french means shower, hehehe
where does the word come from?

for me a douchebag would be anybody happy in his ignorance and yet confident enough to criticize those who are different than him in their ways of thinking and living, and the image they reflect to society. i think each one of us is a douchebag in some area.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 42yrs • M •
"yet confident enough to criticize those who are different than him in their ways of thinking and living"

So by your definition that kinda makes me a douchebag i guess.

Thats cool. I dont mind labels others put on me, because who I am to ME, is whats most important. Im the one who knows myself best, and im also the one who has to live with myself.

The term probably has allot of differing meanings, but I am referring to the term used on that specific site. And you would have to read a little about them and the type of person they are.

I don't care what a man who cheats on his lover, backstabs his friends for personal gain, puts others down purely to elevate themselves in a shallow social hierarchy, or beats his girlfriend is called... I only care that I do not act like that myself. And I don't care what that defines me as either.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stop worrying so much about what others are doing or you might just forget what it is you are doing.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
So by your definition that kinda makes me a douchebag i guess.

no no no no nion. i'm just at the bottom of things right now and i feel like drawing a moustache on everything...even the pretty things. how about some turkish Hammam?

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 42yrs • M •
You're right Chris.

I did say youre lucky to not worry about ppl like that.

But I guess part of it for me is trying to understand the way the world is the way it is.

And other people's behavior that affects me is something I cannot help but to think about.

Dont you also look at others and study what they are doing, in order to understand things? Its in our nature you an I.

By understanding others, we can sometimes help to understand ourselves. Or others.

Which is why, I understand what your saying, and agree with you.

Pupa Ria,

I know you weren't calling me a douchebag. And I have been having my own version of your turkish hammam for the past week and half and id like to get out.

But I could see my own behavior in judging a group of people isn't exactly a nice thing to do... its just ...well.. they're DOUCHEBAGS.

[  Edited by Chained Wings at   ]
 40yrs • M •
"little baby douchebags"

....that needs to be a tshirt, or a band name at the very least.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Chris I had the same thought today.

It came to me because I went through a list of all the little things that people do that I dislike and realized I do a handful of them.'

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy