Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Shaytaan - Iblis

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Shaytaan - Iblis
I have noticed that we do an awful lot of talking about God, is he there, is he not, is he racist ect.... But what about shaytaan, or Satan, Iblis is his name in Islamic tradition for all those who didnt know, Who is he, what role does he play, what does he mean to you, is he real for you, is he a symbol, why was he born, because born he was, for a reason.

If i was to articulate what he is to me, it is that he speaks to humans and tells them to do what they want, what makes them feel good, he is the mercy that keeps us from destroying ourselves with unnatural restrictions. No, i do not believe he is real, i mean that he was created within religion to be a physical manifistation of rebellion of unnatural, or very difficult laws, in which case shaytaan is the symbol of man's inability to obey. I believe shaytaan may be depicted as man's enemy but he isnt really is he? I speak as though he is real, I mean his existance within traditions.

Just a thought, what do you think? Who is he? Is he a scapegoat, is he real, is he within you?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tazzlyn is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As an atheist, I don't believe in the existence of any higher power. Despite what others tend to think, the way Christians talk about Satan or any form of such, he IS a higher power. I don't believe any kind of a thing, higher power, could have any kind of control over me, through persuasion or otherwise.

"Inspire."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
MIss Taz, i dont either, but im asking why do you think that the devil was given a part within the traditions, ever do drama or english lit where you have to analyse a play, well try this, what was the purpose of his character within the scriptures and relogious traditions?

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The only thing I could think of after reading all this, for some reason, was the symbolism of the matrix... Chaos vs. Law.

If we all want to be obeying, uniform, slaves to sets of laws - we choose "God/Law"

If we all want to choose for ourselves, be different, be free from rules - we choose "Satan/Chaos"

not literally choosing the being, but rather the ideas they both
promote.

I think if anything, Satan should be seen as a very liberating character to suggest that even humans have a choice. But with all things, there is a trade off. By choosing for ourselves rather than following a plan of the ultimate deity, we take the risk of failure. But the rewards are much greater. We become free with the power of choice. The anomaly in 'God's' creation, if you will. If we were to obey at all times without question, we would live in perfect synchronicity, without failure, we become slaves of rules, laws and restrictions.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Shaytaan - Iblis
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy