The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

From a big rock to a rock fall

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The strongest people are actually content with themselves. These people stand as beacons for the rest of us - they remain silent and strong - if you feel this content yourself then you would not be lured into more petit games that others engage in.

Yet - that isn't reality - it doesn't work because 'we' are team players. The reality is that people respect bravery as the foremost goal. To not give up; not waiver and to stick to your guns and carry on, and on, and on and yet some more remaining rigid and resolve to what you feel - passionately - is what is respected. What I think my point is, is that when eagles stay quiet, the parrots talk. When the eagles talk; everybody listens.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reading your post I wonder whethor those who are content with themselves are actually strong? Or are they just cocky, maybe self confident, arrogant, deluded perhaps. I mean how can better yourself if you are content with the way you are unless you were born with roses growing out of your feet, okay that wouldnt be actually a good thing, but you get me, I think perhaps what you might mean is that those who are confident in their beliefs have influence over people because of their nature? I dont know how great that is, depends on what they are confident about, Hitler was pretty confident, he knew what he believed and when he spoke people listened, but did we respect it or him? The eagles can cause alot of problems if everbody isnt careful. Perhaps the most influential people are those who are content with themselves, I dont know about that though, Maybe its not necessarily contment with ones self but confidence but then you could say confidence came from contentment. I guess we cant put words to it because our heros lie in different people and concepts so its not a black and white thing but heavily grey but we always try.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good point her, although everything is not black and white and we must be objective.

You've heard big fish small pond. Good. The point is that the big fish can stay there but he never advances - merely stays at the same level or falls. The only way to advance is to keep pushing - to find the tools to get to a bigger pond.

This is what - in my eye keeps or sustains a healthy state of things. All lost civilisations are the result of either inner tensions or, ultimately, the failre of leaders to keep pushing - in effect to be comfortable with the way things are. The only way I see is to persist in extending the boundaries.

The content comes from staisfaction with the way things are or to be at harmony with them. And this is a good state to be in. However, things change - so must you be ready for it.

The best analogy I can think of to get the point across is this. As an explorer to Mount Everest you can reach 2/3 of the way up and see the summit. Now it would be easy to say I have seen teh summit now; I have climbed this far and I know what the journey will be like; so I'm happy; I'll turn around and desend. This would be fine were your imagination as good at realising things as reality itself does. But no person I know can do that. Therefore to experience it properly you have to get to the top.

It is like an exponential curve that plasteaus out at the top. Many will realise the similarities and the reality of where they are and where they are going. But it is not until you are there can you be ceratin that you're right; even if you feel confident.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy