It's deliciously ironic how we sheer sheep to clothe ourselves in the latest fashion. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Reasons Why Hillary Clinton Will Not Be The Democratic Nominee for President

User Thread
 62yrs • M •
Bill Thompson is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

When Bill Clinton came to Microsoft to give a speech, he was received warmly by a crowd who were impressed by his wisdom and his view of a better, more helpful and compassionate world. People naturally are drawn to and appreciate an intelligent, well-spoken person who can think on their feet. He touched on a lot of issues and he had a lot of great one-liners in dealing with world events such as "Osama bin Laden likes technology just like the west likes technology. But bin Laden likes it exclusively and the west likes it inclusively". While the crowd was left pondering this gem, Clinton would either throw out either another line of insight, or a line of wisdom or a line of encouragement. This left the group constantly intrigued and mentally stimulated.

There was a question-and-answer period at the end of this speech and Clinton answered each with detail and precision. One woman asked if he could hold a Cabinet position in a Hillary presidency. Specifically, I believe she asked if he could be secretary of state.

The former president said, "That is a good question. The answer is no." And then he explained that a law was passed – I believe during the Lyndon Johnson administration – that said an immediate family member of the president can not be in the cabinet. This had something do to with Bobby Kennedy being in John Kennedy's Cabinet and a president can not or should not have to fire a family member. President Clinton went on to say that he thought that this was actually a very good idea.

This makes me wonder because Hillary was in charge of revamping the Health Care system during Bill Clinton's presidency. But on the other hand, this really was not a position of power.

(#1) A Hillary Clinton Presidency will not Mirror the Years of the Bill Clinton PresidencyThis leads me to the first reason why Hillary Clinton will not be the Democratic nominee for president.

I always suspected that the only reason why many people liked Hillary Clinton was because of the run-off charisma from her husband. When I first noticed her surfacing as a candidate for president, I was at a loss as to why so many people liked her and they seemed to like her very much. I went to several liberal and progressive web forums. They seemed to be upset by my just asking the question as if I was questioning some divine prophecy. Trying to get into the heads and understanding how liberals think is often difficult. Ann Coulter might be wrong about a lot of things, but one thing I think she gets right is that Liberalism is like a church. You can not question the divine doctrine or those who are appointed the Pope of the Church of Liberalism – doing so will get you banished from the Progressive web forums.

Regardless, without any other reason for supposing why people liked Hillary, I was left with only the name recognition and the face recognition and their subconscious appreciation of happier times. When all possible reasons are discounted, the only reason left, no matter how improbable, is the only possible explanation.

My suspicions were confirmed by several people who would openly admit "I miss Bill" when I am talking about having a president Hillary.

Well, it is time for me to officially burst this bubble. As Bill Clinton said himself, he can not be placed into any real position of power in a Hillary presidency.

So now ask yourself this. If you could erase Bill Clinton from the picture – if you could remove the association between Bill and Hillary, would you still be excited about Hillary Clinton being president?

You might tell yourself that since Hillary seemed to be a powerful player when Bill was president, it might work the other way. It would not. The two have very different personalities and ideologies and interpersonal skills and management styles. Bill is a charismatic intellectual while Hillary is a driven, ambitious and power-hungry leftist ideologue. Switch the seats of power and you have a very different administration and, as a result, a more troubling future for our country.

Being the wife of Bill Clinton should not be a reason why you would want to support Hillary. A Hillary Clinton Presidency will not be any way like the Bill Clinton Presidency.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy