Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

What is the hardest degree course?

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'll tell you its vetinary science.

Physics is done by people who like physics. Law is for masochists who take delight in learning because they cannot think beyond materialism. English is wishy-washy and pretencious. True scientists are artists so learning science seems pointless. Mathematicians are like teenagers mastubating without having actually had sex. Engineers love getting there hands dirty so they feel at home studying it.

Medicine is learnt and done by people who want to help others and the sheer volume and responsibility - personal responsibility (i.e. you have to face the patient while doing it (this almost merits it the hardest in itself) put it above the others. However, vetinary science is the hardest because you have to learn medicine but for a load of other differrnt animals.

Go ahead - but you won't convince me otherwise.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's funny that you mention that because I would have never of suspected, until now, that veterinary science is so difficult. It's one thing to be able to save humans because of communication and being the same species, but helping hundreds or thousands of different animals that have very little physical or emotional connection to us. No feed-back, no knowledge other than what we already think we know...

I would have to agree that mastering this science would be the hardest of them all.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fleeting_dreams is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Philosophy, ontology and fundamental psychological practice (applied)

All of the above require something form of skill which cannot be gained without prior ability or consideration.
Philosophy, as a major, requires subjective interpretation, un-bias perception and the ability to be able to take things with a grain of salt, whilst remembering what you hold in your hand is actually more like a salt mountain.

Ontology requires very good language and writing skills, yet it also requires a love of words.

Evaluation is simple. You need to be able to read reactions and body language - a skill which is not so easy to learn.

However, beyond the fact that these areas are studied by those who enjoy them, I would have said some of the more subjective human sciences... which ever one has the most theoretical concepts to remember. I mean lets face it, if your at UNI or college, you should be able to wrote learn. Application and subjective thought... that's where, for the lay person, things become difficult.

"The parable to which you bow."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy