Learn as much as you can, at whatever cost, then give it away for free and ask for nothing in return. - untruth
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Observations Thread

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Observations Thread
The idea is to write down any observations you have either on the day of writing or the previous day. Anything that you see or observe with the senses (sight, sound, taste, touch, etc.) that strikes somethingin you. Any pattern or similee or fact of nature that you observe, record it here for others to see.

So, for example - today I noted that if you have a drawing in front of you and place a mirror either to the left or the right of it, the image in the mirror is the same; it also works if you put the mirror above or below the drawing.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was in heavy traffic the other day. And I noticed no matter high tech things may have appeared, we still look like individual cells of blood passing through veins. quite basic.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was shooting at the range today and noticed, how we are using technology to make more efficient killing devices and not developing ways to prevent physical violence and create things that bring peace not death.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have observed recently that this new beaty spot has appeared under my chin, it wasnt there before, its so nice.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
[  Edited by her at   ]
 34yrs • M •
people are impatient I was at a stop light and it turned green and I did not go right away I waited like three seconds and this guy honks his horn so I thought I would teach him a lesion and sat there for like another 15-20 as he yelled at me out his window. People just need to slow down and take in the beauty.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you should have flipped him off while you were at it.haha.

i realized durring the past week that people find fault in others much more than they do praise them.when someone trips in the hallway,everyone laughs and calls him a dumbass.but when someone helps the person who tripped,that person isnt even recognized.he isnt smiled at and called a "good person".the only person thats praises and thanks him is the person who tripped,and sometimes not even then.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 34yrs • F •
Children.

I notice how when they walk into the classroom they smile so widely, and are actually pleased to see me, their arabic teacher. And i feel loved when rafay puts his hand in mine, or when omar tries to hug me from the back, they are only 4, and then when their mothers come they give the same smile and leave, and what i realised is that when they come into to the classroom i take over caregiver role, and that it is only children who can be so loving, for if you find such an adult, give them my number. They are so clean, so pure, so beautiful, so untouched. and i wish nothing bad touches them in their lives but whats the point of hoping for the impossible, that was me, and that was you and now look at us. We know the truth, well as much as we do.

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So true her. I just hope it's possible to revert back to that state of innocence and freedom of inhibitions.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 34yrs • F •
Yet there is a sense of pleasure in breaking through the innocence and seeing the world as it is, even if its quite ugly and grey. I dont think we will ever be able to revert to innocence, not once you experience pain, and when you realise that the pain was intentionally inflicted, there's no going back.

36yrs • M
Jesus thought it was possible.

34yrs • F •
You have to look at how we lose our innocence, its when we learn, gain information, realise the world isnt rosey, when we learnt some of its many realities, so unless we lose our memories and tread an existance of delusion or childish ignorance and hope you will never be innocent. And once you start to envy, lust, hate and enrage others.. how can you be innocent? Perhaps, maybe there is more to it.

36yrs • M
I don't think losing innocence has to do with how much we learn or experience. To be child-like means to give your love away freely. It means to allow your emotions to fully express themselves without fear. It means to be completely honest. It means to be completely uninhibited. It means to be vulnerable. Aren't those attributes all within our power to achieve?

34yrs • M •
I was at a hellogoodbye concert in the park on MSU's campus and I just noticed as people get in to larger crowds they stop acting like human and behave like animals. ex. I had two girls in front of me fighting over bottle water thrown from the stage.

34yrs • M •
I was working out side today and I just noticed how satisfying it is to work with your hands. Today people really don't understand how it feels to work and be one with nature.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We have had clear skies recently and I've had the chance to take a good look. That got me thinking; the pessimist sees the extent of the dark sky. The optimist sees the stars as beacons of hope. The realist knows the dark is bad and the light is good but really lacks the feeling you get with either one.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
Observations Thread
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy