if there is no such thing as a stupid question what do stupid people ask? - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Observations Thread - Page 2

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was walking towards college and I saw a man who was walking with a stick, but even though his face was full of wrinkles, his hair bled white, I couldnt take my eyes off him because i saw this young man within him, i dont know why or how, it was the way he was walking, or maybe his build, i dont knw what it was, he did look like an old man. Sometimes I forget that old people are just young people grown up. And that could be me, walking down the street with a stick, but im still me, just more experienced, probably more bitter the way im going, but It just struck me how much i forget that I'll grow old one day. I guess it made me realise that even though they may be 30, 40 years older than me they arent a new species. I forget that they were young and many still are, at heart, whatever the bloody hell that means.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People around here don't bother to stop and appreciate nature anymore. They are more concerned with their cell phones and iPods.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • F •
Well Mr cryptic truth I believe that is because nature moves slowly and people have become used to doing everything at a fast speed and getting instant results and gratification, because of the introduction of fast internet ect...
Not many people have the time to sit around and watch the sunrise, but i dont thnk that it means that they dont wish to watch nature or that one day they wont appreciate it but that they have become so engulfed by the fast life we live in... if one day you stop to watch as a butterfly lazily flys by and nobody else in that moment does so too doesnt mean that they dont in their own time or in their own ways...

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I noticed two squirrels running around up and down a telephone when I was sitting out site this morning, and was wondering how much fun they must be having.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 34yrs • M •
That is very true her, well put. I just don't see it around here. I truly believe that people around here just don't see the beauty for example. I tried to explain to an English class how it felt to just lay in the grass. I tried to tell them the sensation of feeling the wind blow over my skin. They could not connect with me when I described the feeling of being part of something larger than my self. I tried to tell them how nature is pure and uncorrupted unlike them selves.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 34yrs • F •
Well cryptic honestly i know what you mean, i try to explain to people how i feel about something and i tend to get weird looks... I guess its just that when you have a group of people you or I may be the outspoken weirdos as they would call me atleast, but there may be others who dont communicate it or maybe you are right, alot of people are just arent bothered, meh so what, I used to get annoyed that people dont question as i often as I do, ive learnt that it made me slighlty elitist, Or that i was better in some way, I hope your observation doesnt do to you what mine did to me for a while...

About the wind on your skin, when i was listenin to the pale blue dot by Carl sagan i stood at the trainstation and looked up at all the milliions of stars, well just a few that i could see and i felt this amazing feeling against my chest, that I may not have been created for a reason but I still am part of this huge system and I have been given a chance the way a leaf is given a place on a tree and I hope i can live up to it, even if nobody knows about it except me. I know cryptic about those feelings, at times they are so strong and you feel so pleased that you felt somethng like that, its like love, you want everyone to know and to feel it because its so amazing, but the sad truth is, not everbody cares. I dont have anyone to convey it to, so i write it here. They may not be able to connect with you because they cannot understand it, they have never felt it, its like trying to describe colors to a blind person, you can try and try but they wont see red the way we do. So dont feel resentment towards them or see it as a flaw, just give them time. And if not, they only live once, and they busied themselvs doing what they enjoyed, and i say bloody welll done to them then.

Anyways, i have a psychology exam in 3 hours, peace.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I guess it made me realise that even though they may be 30, 40 years older than me they aren't a new species. I forget that they were young and many still are, at heart,

You young whipper snapper! Just wait till I catch you! If I wasn't so slow, Id take my walking stick to you!

I forgive you though Laylah. Especially when you write really cool things like you did in that last post. Alot of the experiences you described are ones I have had too. The feelings of something so powerful you want to tell the world, and often wonder if they can see it too. And the strange looks you get, and the feeling of isolation when no one around you seems to care about what you have experienced; that amazing mystical feeling right on the edge of each of your senses, all caused by your observations of beauty, of life and the universe.

Its great to know others see and feel the way I do. Its reassuring.

Though, you would probably call me elitist for my view on the people who dont see what we do, I dont think I am at all. Far from it. (And maybe in your dotage of 30 and older, you too will see the way I do.) I don't consider myself that intelligent compared to the truly great minds. And I dont feel superior to people because I may be able to hold an intelligent conversation.

But while you say, give others who dont see the world like us time - I say, we dont have time. Because most people dont see it, they also don't care about it. This means they live on the planet and use its ever waning resources and put nothing back.

You dont even have to put much back in. If you never even get the chance or opportunity to be rich and powerful, or to be a world leader, or have an IQ that allows you to give new and valuable ideas to society- perhaps just being nice, being positive, and treating others how you expert to be treated isn't too much to ask for. Or maybe just appreciating your time here. Your chance to partake of this beauty and majesty and not take it for granted.

Our world is only so big. And only has a finite amount of resources. Too many humans live on the planet, consuming eveythything they come across; like people at a movie, stuffing their faces with popcorn till the shows over. Then they throw their garbage in the isle, next to the piles of other popcorn buckets and coke cups for someone else to clean. Most of the time they dont even enjoy the movie.

And the excuse for this behaviour is that its ok, being born gives them a right to do that. And good on them for being born. And if this ideology ever becomes a problem, "science" will somehow save them. They think that they can be the way they are, and before this planet goes bang, this magical race called "the scientist" who live in laboratories under the earth, will somehow come up with the ability to fly to other planets and colonise them, so they can resume their mindless breeding cycle.

But the way we are going, we haven't even made the moon a viable place to live, much less been able to travel to other solar systems and find habitats that support us.

I really think that regardless of whether you can see the things you and I see, we are at the point of needing to actually take stock of our existence and try to better ourselves and fix things. So that people are able to look up at the stars and have dreams like you and I do. The leaves on the trees, the butterflies that flit lazily in the sun, are only here for us to feel that sense of "amazement" and "wonderment" we want to share with others so long as everyone accepts that its as fragile as it is beautiful.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • F •
Reading what David wrote i remember something i felt on friday, i was reading a typical article on the problems we are causing, and this time it intrested me for real, it was saying how the animal kingdom is slowly decreasing because we are taking up their habitats, they cant hunt, breed ect... and sorry but that didnt bother me as much as the next bit, it will have a negative effect on our population because as the animal kingdom becomes smaller that whihc we are left with will be more likely to be sickely, and there wil be much smaller supplies, and i thought shit, i dont think we realise that everything we do, say, every carbon foot print we leave we are having a direct effect on somebody else's life.. somebody elses future, life chances, somebodys dreams, you are right David.

No i dont think even im eltist because i can hold a intelligant conversation, i often get frustrated with people, i was just saying dont allow it to make you delusional, for example me, i kind of wasnt able to see good in other people for a short period of time just because i was able to do something that they werent doing, it kind of clouded my vision of them. That is what i warn people of. Not understanding you may possess something they dont.

oh lol you are right forty isnt that old, i meant like old old.. haha sorry ol man David.

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I recently observed some of my friends complaining.they were complaining about the stupidest crap.simple stuff that they can solve or they think that they are the only one going through it."man,im always tired", "my girlfriend is always flirting with other guys","i got an F in chemistry".get more sleep,break up with the bitch,and quit being a lazy bastard.if there is a problem and you can solve it,then do so.otherwise,shut the hell up.everyone does it.and it is tolerable sometimes.but some people do it alot more than others,and it gets agrivating after a while

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It took me many years but it finally clicked that people present the world with once attitude that will allow them to accomplish what they wish to accomplish

and hide there instincs and how they truely want to behave behind this this persona.

I feel really stupid for admitting to this but it took me a very long time to finally except that some people are ass holes and selfish because it is what they wish to be not because it is who they are.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 34yrs • M •
Once we make a choice or take a stand we, we encounter personal and interpersonal pressure to behave consistently with that commitment.

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I feel really stupid for admitting to this but it took me a very long time to finally except that some people are ass holes and selfish because it is what they wish to be not because it is who they are.

A very wise friend of mine feels the same...

quote:
"Never feel sorry for people. Respect their good decisions, and disrespect their bad ones. In the end, they will always choose what makes them happiest. Never feel sorry for people, because people are just as selfish as you are, just as self-interested as you are, and have just as strong a sense of self-preservation as you do. It's just that we all perceive self-preservation in different ways..."

32yrs • F •
Euphorgasmic is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
So today I was taking a bus to school. I fell asleep and was jerked awake. i realised that the scenery all around was different and got really annoyed that I had missed my stop.
...then the bus came to a stop two stops later, right in front of my school.
Then I realised that throughout four years of taking the same bus, i never paid any attention to the scenery. Reading, listening to my iPod, sleeping etc.
Quite a revelation.

Oh, btw hi. I be new.

"I 3at kray0ns."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is by far my favorite thread in rotation now.

And welcome, hope you enjoy it here.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Since we crawled out of the water and began to walk on two legs; we have learnt to hunt, gather and sow fields to survive, discovered fire and how to utilize it for our needs, invented the wheel, harnessed electricity, built machines to fly, created telecommunications that allow us to talk to people on the other side of the world, developed amazing gadgetry and technology, developed cures and vaccines for venoms, poisons and diseases, sent satellites into space and put men on the moon.

All these things that have elevated us to where we are now and have given us everything we own was the result of somebody intelligent and inquisitive.

And do we give these people the most regard of all the people in the world? Are they the most respected people on the planet? No. Who are the ones we place on pedestals and hang off every word, action, deed they do?

People with good looks.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
Observations Thread - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy