Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind - Leonardo da Vinci
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

adjusting from high school to college

User Thread
 35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok i'm a little off today but i'm sitting in class and somthing hit me, before i came to college i decided i'd leave all the childish stuff from high school behind me, like the name calling, the fighting over stupid things, and all that jazz. Well a fellow student started arguing with the instructer on why people get to turn in pass due work and get credit for it, and i didn't mean to start a big thing but i did step up and said that maybe some of us have alot going on or are alittle slower then you and can't get their minds straight on work. and well he led off by calling me names and saying to go cry if i have problems and blah blah blah...and i got up to smoke a cigg but he still ran his mouth, i guess the point is why is it some people don't drop the childish bull from high school when their in college????

"the more you try the more you learn right and wrong"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You'll soon discover that there are people... many people... in this world who never drop that behavior. Change is difficult for people, and if you have nothing pushing you to change it's even more difficult. Try to surround yourself with people who constantly create and promote change, so you don't end up being one of those people.

Societies accept a lot of bullshit behavior.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
While wyote is right, people are jerks, maybe he just feels that he works hard to get his work done on time and he had to sacrifice smething to get it doen. If so, then it wouldnt be fair to him to allow other students to turn in wor late. And if people simply are slower than others, then unfurtunately those pople do not deserve the grade that smarter people would get. If they did it would defeat the pourpose of grades altogether

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If the kid actually cared about learning he wouldn't give a shit what grades other students got or whether or not other students could turn in assignments late. The whole idea of grades is fucked in my opinion.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If he cares about grades tht doesnt mean its the only thing he cares about. IF he cared about grades and he cared about the time that he sacrificed then ofcourse he would be upset that he did it for no reason.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
shit.. I even see poor behavior in the workplace.. doesn't stop at college either.

people...lol...yeahhhhh it's sad.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 35yrs • F •
Lion_Heart89 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Every one worked hard on workr and a hand full of our class including my-self had a short time to move up to chicago and get an apartment and atend classes, ok and i know excuses, excuses but we've been helping eachother to keep cought up and setle our apartments, i've help at least 8 other students move in, while having a few stay with me while their parents work out living situations, it just this, he's being an ass because we get the same grade as what he did when he handed it in on time, out of school me and a fwe of the others asked him why he was being a jerk, and he stated that "retards and poor people shouldn't even be allowed in school" and he walked away like he was big shit, so it's not the point as we were going to get the same grade it was the fact he dusn't believe that we should get the same education as him, being that we'r either poor or unequal in inteligence to him.!!!

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would have said that since they let him in school, its only fair to let poor people in too.

BTW,
Did he he earn the money to put himslef through college? Or did mommy and daddy?

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 35yrs • F •
I talked with the administrater and he told me that yes mommy and daddy paid for everything, so now he feels like he the big shit and everyone else is nothing compared to him, He still gives me crap along with alot of the girls "because i'm a tomboy" but i've done said "good-bye" to childish fighting. I guess no matter what you do it the sam shit different time and place....

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why bother with people like that? But, he does have a point about the assignments. If you are late handing in an assignment you should get zero because in the real business world a late report is useless. Not to mention that is what people do in high school, hand in assignments late. Making fun of someone who can not pay up front to go to school does not make sense. The roles reversed he could not pay for his education and the other person could. The only reason he is so advantaged is because of the place he was born into. That is not an accomplishment. One day he will see that....probably with his own kids.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy