We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Positive change vs negative change

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Gabriel23 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Positive and Negative

It's hard some days to stay positive, especially when having a 'bad' day. It is hard to stay positive when things seem tough, whether financially, emotionally or physically. People in general have different issues that they have trouble staying positive about. It varies depending on the perspective of each individual person. By perspective I mean what we are interpreting situations that occur in every day life, whether it's a small issue or a large issue. We worry about different things by nature as a people. Again our worries are based off of individual perspective (situational per person). As I look at worrying as a whole, I realize that the interpretation (how we look at situations and interpret situations) of our personal situations is the key in solving our worries and changing our thoughts as they pertain to negativity.
For me, it has always been easier to look at what other people are doing incorrectly, or look at the lack of effort put forth by others. This to me is a form of judgment, negativity and misinterpretation. Blaming or looking for imperfections in others, is a form of being ignorant to our own personal issues. The way one can be satisfied by others, is to be satisfied with ones self first. The way we become satisfied with ourselves first is to become aware of our own negative aspects in our life and working towards positive self-improvement. We should not preach change, unless we ourselves are an example of positive change. It's hypocrisy to preach but not practice.
I have been taught that people have an ability to adapt. The way to adapt is through change. If there is something we do not think is possible to change, simply thinking with negativity can increase the chance of failure and lack of willingness to change.
This is where the power of positive thinking becomes relevant. In order to change and adapt, we must be willing to look at failure and loss in a positive manor. We must be willing to re-evaluate situations with unbiased perspective and thought. When we see failure and loss as just that, we sometime overlook the lessons these failures and losses have taught us. The more we experience failure and loss, the easier it is to become pessimistic and negative. It is also becomes easier to blame others for ones own failures and losses. Negativity is like alcohol to a alcoholic, it relieves the temporary feelings and emotions one feels, however over a long time, it effects the actions, thoughts and rationality of person caught up in it. Also, the longer one remains an alcoholic or a pessimist, the harder it seems to change ones ways.
('Anxiety')Worrying is also a product of negative thought. Worries are usually a product of things we feel or think are uncontrollable. Worries can also be caused by choices one made and feels were bad or negative decisions. The feeling of worry comes through constant re-evaluation of poor choices, or the feeling of not being in control of a situation. Worrying is a way of wasting thought, (specifically wasteful when one could be thinking of solutions to ones worries, or ways to relieve ones worries) but on the positive side, worrying can show you care about others, yet only in specific circumstances like a child at war, or a ailing relative. Then ones worry is a worry of compassion, but a worry non-the-less.
There are many types of negative thinking and there are many ways people express negative thought, whether by action, verbalization or non-verbalization. The key to begin changing negativity is to become aware of the effect and strain it puts on daily life. When you realize something is bothering you, it is important to make a conscious effort to find solutions to the problem, evaluate the problem, re-evaluate the problem, use unbiased rational thinking toward the solution of the problem, and finally change the problem. (Odds are if you have the same problem reoccurring daily, weekly or yearly, that it is either a pattern, which you have fallen into, or you were simply unaware that it is a problem) I reiterate, the most important part of fixing negativity or any problem is awareness. We tend not to change what we are not aware of.
Finally, starting change. Change is not always a fast process. Change is not always a slow process either. For me, change must be made daily. When ones eyes open to start a new day, one should be aware that with a new day comes new opportunity, and new opportunity is catalyst of change. The more we are willing to change negative aspects in our lives, the easier change becomes. Patterns are nice, because when one starts a pattern, one tend to stick to it. So if one is willing to change the negative aspects in ones life consistently, it becomes less difficult to adapt to change as life continues on. So whether we change slow or fast, the important part is remaining willing to change.

"I never let the negativity of life, dull the beauty in my life."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy