It was the best of times it was the worst of times, it was the time of happiness it was the time of sadness. - Samwell
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

End of Christianity?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
End of Christianity?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxhcWUSoE4Y

If it were proven true, would all Christians deny it?- Or would they embrace it?- and lose all sense of moral, as if they no longer need to do good in life?

Do you think we would be converted that easily to what we know as evil? If it were so, does that mean that all belief in doing the right thing was not done because we truly felt like it, but because it was our bribe- our ticket- into a fake paradise?

If the Christianity we know today is fake, what kind of social repercussions would that have? There are so many angles to that questions... presidency, morals, church powers, religious wars (between believers and non-believers)

I think the true believers of this faith are the ones who are going to continue doing good in their lives and giving nothing but unconditional love- not for the savior they once praised, but for the path he set in motion for all to embrace- loving and accepting everything around us.

I personally have doubts about at least 80% of believers on this one.

what are your thoughts?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Personally, I think that people who go around looking for answers and proof and basically just trying to confirm their own opinions, whatever those may be, are missing the whole point. (And I just want to make clear that I'm not referring to you here, so please don't take offense).

It just seems like all the major historical figures who have had real positive impact on the world were the ones who just lived, and yes they did spread their truths as they had come to know them, but they didn't go around trying to get the best of everybody and trying to turn everybody to their way of thinking. All they did was spread a spiritual truth and they got nothing but grief for it because so many people (theists and atheists alike) simply want to be right rather than find the truth.

The truth is we will never know who Jesus really was because first, we don't have enough reliable records of his life to determine whether or not he even existed let alone whether biblical accounts are accurate. Second the people who could actually make headway in solving the riddle, that is assuming of course that the riddle can be solved, either want the Bible to be true or want it to be false. No one wants the truth they all just want the comfort of their belief systems.

So, yes I do think there would be social repercussions if this theory was somehow proven true, maybe even serious repercussions. Ultimately, though I think that it could possibly lead to an end of religion altogether if the Christian populace deconverted to atheism. Personally, I will just search for spiritual truth regardless of any proofs discovered.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evol is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow, that's pretty interesting there.
Heh, knowing people and how stuborn they can be some would still believe the christian ways even in somehow jesus was proven as butist (sorry for the misspelling)

"I am contradiction"
 47yrs • M •
illuminatus is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
learn more about christianity at www.zeitgeist.com

"Virtus junxit mors non separabit"
End of Christianity?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy