I can't think that it would be terrible of me to say - and it is occasionally true - that I need physics more than friends - J. Robert Oppenheimer.
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The number 23.

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
Unrequited. is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The number 23.
Most people I have found believe that the number 23 and the so called "conspiracies" that surround it, are all in ones mind. And I agree to that in some degree. But how can something that can reoccur so commonly be just disreguarded as being in ones head, or just a coincidence. Any thoughts ?

"Love adorns itself; it seeks to prove inward joy by outward beauty.\""
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the number 23 is a very interesting concept.i believe that all of the "coincidences" are just in peoples heads.things like that are usually only seen when people are looking for them.if i wanted to im sure i could find just as many references to the number 17, or even 69.its just a number.i have heard people say that it is like the number of the devil.that is why we become obsessed with it.
2 / 3 = .666
but, technically, 2 divided by 3 equals .666666......(repeating).i try to explain that,but everyone knows you cannot reason with closed-minded assholes.
the number 23 is not something to obsess over.it is just an interesting concept,like i said.

just a side note:
when i went to see the movie with my parents,the total cost was a little over $23. i cant remember the cents. like $23.04 i think.i just thought that was funny

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol. Precisely. I liked to play devils advocate though; just for a moment.

I think there probably some numbers that have significance. The number of pi, or 0.61 (I think) being a number often found in nature (such as the ratio of hand length to forearm). Constants like this underlie fundamental rules or laws of nature, which is something all great scientists must have believed in.

To call them divine is a step too far. Much like pythagoras' theory is just a law; there is no need to worship the triangle.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ever notice most of the time you walk down the street you live on, nothing happens...?

weird huh..?

weird.

there are entire codes built into the qu'ran based on the number 17...

there are religons based on 19

there are codes around 28

basically the entire number system can be codified... that's why codes work...

not the other way around...

as a matter of fact when you take the numbers out of astronomy and astrology they fall apart... that's why they rely so heavily on them... because people trust the numbers inherently...

so to give them a false sense of credibility... inject the numerology...

ha' ha' busted...!

for those that want them to be busted...

not for the TRUE BELIEVERS... or should I say..."twoo beweebers....!".... ga ga goo goo...

not to poke too much fun at it but it is a little immature to expect to much predictability in a macroverse that is mostly unpredictable...

consider this...

on a micro level:

perfection = perfection

and

imperfection = imperfection

then on the macro level where E no longer = m c squared,

perfection = imperfection

and

imperfection = imperfection

so that:

all taken together there is much more imperfection in the universe than perfection... imperfection is the order of the day...

imperfection = perfection by sheer numbers.... ha' ha' ha'... cackles the man in the iron mask...

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the number you are refering to JimBobby is Phi.
Pi is something entirely different.everyone is familiar with Pi.
but that is a whole 'nother topic.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
The number 23.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy