My mom told me that the family is the most important thing one can ever have. But how can I tell when she is the one stopping me from having one? - julie mae allego
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Apostasy

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Apostasy
Judaism and Islam both punish apostates via the death penalty, how the hell is this just? Dont we have the damn right to choose, is it a bloody gang that we're bound to. I didnt choose to be born this way. Why do you think that these religions have such strong punishments? Maybe muslim countries dont all carry it out, but its in the teachings, ive read it and in the judaic teachings.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A soldier who deserts his/her squadron can be punished be death in many cultures. Islam and Judaism seem to go along that line. Apostasy is like a betrayal to them. Also, if you didn't choose to believe in Islam or Judaism, do you really believe and are an adherent of that faith?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But its just so wrong, they say we have free will, and the quran says, ' there is no compulision in religion', , how can that be so, if we cannot leave it. we didnt ask to be born into these families, and now we use our logic and reason, we're going to be killed, or threatened, or rejected,

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
[  Edited by her at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You still have free will. To be able to answer your question, you and I would need to know more about Islam's belief system and values. Islam and Judaism obviously value being a part of the group, seeing as how it's a life or death issue. It might help if you can cite the source of that verdict.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
Apostasy
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy