Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Don't drink and drive...

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't drink and drive...
It's been a while since I've been on here, for some different reasons, but I figured I'd post this up, as a reminder. This didn't happen to me, allthough it did happen in Everet... where I live. I took this from NorthWestNissans, a forum I regularly visit... mostly nissan owners... who live in the northwest. It's somewhat brutal. But a heavy reminder.

Let me relay a little experience with you all....

On my way to a friends wedding reception, we stopped by at a home depot to pick up a pressure washer to clean the patio off before all the guests show up. My buddy tries to use his card to pay for it, and it doesnt work. Tries again, fails. So this takes about a minute, then he decides to use cash.

We leave.

On our way to lake stevens, we go over the bridge, go around the big bend...and see this ford towing another ford about 100yrds in front of us in the opposing lane veer over the median and plow into this van in front of us.

We were the first ones on the scene. Car parts, tools, and metal everywhere. The truck being towed flipped over, leaking fluids and smoking. Smell of gas, oil... My Friend calls 911...i check over the passengers. The driver of the ford hops out of his truck, head pumping blood out....screaming " My tools!!" And starts ppicking them up..I give the man about a dozen rags..ask him to sit down...he doesnt...and continues to wonder around looking for tools...rags need to be replaced...they are all red...I check the driver of the van....dead. Steering wheel embedded in his chest....

Passenger...13 year old boy...looks like his head is play dough....and eyes rolling about....i dont want to move him cause his back may be broken.......i just try to talk to the boy and comfort him.....he just coughs up blood all over me and closes his eyes.

I cant convey in words what happened....but being the first on the scene...seeing the carnage....made me rethink my life...

2 deaths. Paramedics showed up...and thanked us..and asked us to leave. Boy was taken to harbor view medical...pronounced dead at the scene...as was his father,

Driver of ford was drunk. Beer bottles everywhere on road...on his breath

Im never gonna forget this...had the card went through at home depot...had we left a minute earlier....we could have been that van.

Im still shaking right now...and....well...my point...please...dont drink and drive....

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You're a really brave person to be able to stay logical in that situation. I hope the boy and his father rest in peace. Really scary story.

Once again well done for being so brave.

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
Don't drink and drive...
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy