Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Forever?

User Thread
 30yrs • F •
Laylasdarkside is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Forever?
I've been thinking lately.. [something I do too much of.] and I was wondering, what do you guys think about "Forever?"
Like do you think there is a forever? Or not?

"As I am"
 38yrs • M •
NickBertke is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't believe eternity, in this realm, is possible. Everything eventually dies, breaks, crumbles, pulverises, etc. I believe it's a law of this reality that everything with a beginning has an end, no matter how vast, complex or allegedly indestructible. Everything in existence is like a rope - it has two ends that represent its beginning and its end. I like to view the universe and time as being like the rope, which excites me because the fabric of time in this reality therefore had to have been initiated at some point, which of courses probes the mind with questions: How? What/who started it? What was there before time existed?

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe that God had no beginning, and that he will have no end. I also believe that we had a beginning and we will end when we die, but when god raises us after death we will live forever. I believe this because I am Muslim.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 77yrs • M •
Drxminus1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Don't limit God let God be what God is. If God wants you God will contact you. Stay free of dogma find something simple to believe in. Find a way to Peace of Mind

"Truth is what is"
 38yrs • M •
NickBertke is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe it's likely that the realm in which God resides is built around a completely different time system. The Bible frequently raises the notion of spending eternity in the kingdom of God. If this means time in that realm lasts forever, what else could it imply? Perhaps there is no time on "the other side". Perhaps there is no beginning or end in the laws of periodic existence in God's realm. But then, if we are brought into God's kingdom, is this not a beginning of existence in that realm? Or perhaps our souls are already there?

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think two hits of lsd makes me know what forever feels like. It's the best and worst feeling ever.

time means nothing to your mental self alone.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
Forever?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy