The sky falls on our heads only after we've given up being heroes. - Kalysta Howie
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Unconscious, Subconscious, Preconscious and Conscious

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does anyone know of any other classifications other than Unconscious, Subconscious, Preconscious and Conscious?

Can there be states of consciousness away from these four definite states, such that the state of consciousness is halfway between the Unconscious and the Subconscious (for example)?

Also, I have the idea that consciousness progresses from the Unconscious to the Subconscious to the Preconscious and finally to the Conscious (in that order).
Does that make any sense?

I also thought of a way that different states relate to neurological synapses...
The Unconscious would not make any attempt to cross the synapse...
The Subconscious would move towards moving across the synapse but fall short...
The Preconscious would get as close as you can to crossing the synapse without actually crossing...
The Conscious would actually get to cross the synapse...

If true then it is possible that the progression idea may work.

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think there's another type of consciousness that you forgot, that being the superconscious. This would be the state of enlightened individuals who could literally sense the entire cosmos as if it were their own body.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
http://www.psychology4all.com/PsychologyOfConsciousness.htm[/url]

heres another that might be useful to your research

I would highly recommend reading this link through carefully it is quite a thorough look at consciousness and is very helpful in gaining an understanding of the links between mind body and the different levels of consciousness. It also links consciousness research to phsyical and social aspects of ones' life and puts altered states of consciousness through religious practice and self-actualisation into context.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To the original poster;

How odd!

Do you think it is possible to skip stages of consciousness in the patterns of sleep so that one might be able to controll all aspects of sleep. To the extremety of becoming mentally derranged. Ok I went a little crazy there....

I think your synapse stuff is crap. Sorry no offence but the consciousness's are not involved in that way. It makes no sence. The dimensions are such that we as humans cannot yet explain. Unless in terms of complex mathematics such as quantum physics (but in a biological sence) There are many dimensions in the universe, existence and non existence as we understand it. we only comprehend up to and including the 3rd dimension. Some people claim to understand 4th dimensions.

I do not believe that states of conscious are reprisented in such a physical form as to even considered crossing any form of synapse.

"Shengising Nugget"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 51yrs • F •
OK Consciousness - topology and geometry - understanding dimensions - I can sort of see where you are going with this, but tell me what has geometry in your mind got to do with consciousness? Hey maybe you think synapses are like a klein bottle!?

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think conscious has anything to do with synapses. I think it is not physical as we understand it but of another dimension.

"Shengising Nugget"
 51yrs • F •
Actually to a certain degree I do actually agree with you. I personally think that our soul and spirit are separate from our physical bodies and that our consciousness is a part of that part of our selves. But whilst we are a physical being living on the earth, eating, breathing, growing etc. Our consciousness is a part of the body's system and is linked to us through the electrical impulses of the synapses in our brain.

I also believe that the water in our bodies has something to do with our consciousness and life force in so much as water conducts electricity and I believe our emotions are part of the water system in our bodies and the whole earth. I know that probably sounds bizarre but that's what I think!

Our spirit and our consciousness as part of that spiritual body needs energy to exist, in spirit form it draws that energy from outside sources but when we are living, breathing, entities we create our own source of energy through our physical bodies.

35yrs • F •
I don't think that sounds crazy at all.

You have a good point with the water thing. Water is very hard to explain because it behaves oddly. There are lots of studies in water. Water becaomes less dense when changed to a solid yet every other liquid becomes more dense. Also water has hight hydrostatic energy.

"Shengising Nugget"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 51yrs • F •
Thanks for the links but I'm not sure I like the site.
Interesting though

35yrs • F •
The links were to some idea's I had concerning fields in the brain. Caused by electrical energy.

"Shengising Nugget"
 35yrs • F •
Also those were archives. If you want to see what is being discussed at the moment you could try; www.2think forums.org
www.2thinkforums.org

"Shengising Nugget"
 51yrs • F •
I could try ?

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy