Music is about hearing a beautiful sound. Not about seeing a beautiful face. - Chained Wings
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

2 Candidates for Jesus's daddy - you pick...! ;)

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Adam Seth God is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is a thread I promised to write over the weekend and only followed through on now...

"Jesus Thou Son of David..."

"Seed of David..."

There are several qualifications that The Christ was supposed to have met, that would qualify "Him" as fullfilling the Scriptures or Prophesies...

And to be the "Christ" one has to fulfill all the prophesies according to Biblical Law...

As a matter of FACT... the Christian world promotes that the Nazarene of 2000 years ago exactly fulfills the prophesy(s), so "He" is the actual Christ and worthy of all that has been said of "Him" as such personage...

Let's take a good look-see:

Adam & Eve gave birth to Cain & Able... Cain slew Able and ran away... nothing there....

Adam & Eve gave birth to a third son, SETH... who it is said was ..."in the image of his father Adam."

Which would mean in the Image of God as well, because that was what Adam was...

and from Seth's bloodline came all the greats of the Bible...

Methuzula, Abraham, Moses ---- King David ----- Solomon ect. ect. ect.....

Now comes Jesus - because "He" is supposed to be related to these greats, and part of the blood line--- then the prophesy can be fulfilled by "Him".....right?

Seed of David.....

Hold on a second... According to the story of the Bible, no man had anything to do with the birth of Jesus the Christ....

Emmaculate Conception.... right?

That would mean that Joseph can't be Jesus's daddy....right?

But Mary is not related to Solomon or David or Moses......!

Joseph is ....

Look it up in the first book of the New Testament...Matthew...

The beginning of the book.... The Geneology of Jesus the Christ...

You cannot have it both ways, folks.......

Either Joseph is Jesus's father and therefore Jesus is related to King David, who was the chosen of God to rule HIS people in his day... and therefore fulfills all the prophesy

OR

There was a magical poof of light and smoke, Mary got pregnant and the magic god-baby.... is the Christ... Mary's child of course, but no genetic link to King David, unless we haven't been told that it was a case of inbreeding between Joseph and Mary...you know after Jesus...

OR

God did it, and is genetically (seed) related to King David.... physically therefore making God a human male.

It's pretty obvious what happened if we look at it with any objectivity...

In the Middle East of Africa, (you know Egypt/Jeruselem), 2000 years ago, (and in many places over there today)...
.....if a woman has sex out of wedlock, her and the man that pregnated her are stoned to death.

Blaspheme?

Read Matthew... in the beginning where Joseph had to get Mary the heck out of there... because the town was questioning where the child and pregnancy came from...

They were going to stone them both to death.... grow up...

If you, (as a man), met a woman who said she was carrying God's baby, would you cheat with God's wife and make brothers and sisters for Jesus?

Or does god commit adultry himself with other-men's wives?

Or would you tell her to "get real" and at least tell you why she doesn't want you to know anything about the real father?

They're pulling the 'ole switcher-roo

There are those who accept this twisted biblical story wholesale... not even on face value because that's exactly where it falls in upon itself....

...it's right there in black and white...

but these same Republicans and Democrats, refuse to "believe" in global warming....

It's a convienient story indeed...

It's customary for one to leave some "wiggle" room for debate... so if one wants to claim that faith alters reality... feel free...

It's a free world isn't it?

I included a picture of the one that I serve, and would kill and or die for - forever -

....we tend to argue as adults about the silliest things... ignoring the most important - grow up...

And by the way, there was no real question here, just a topic for debate.... LngOL....

"\\\"The Empty Vessel Makes The Most Noise\\\" - Shakespear"
 52yrs • M •
It's really curious that with so little comment there are still the prevailing questions and answers going on with the other religon-"threads"....

Is it too final to address the irony which leads to nhilism that is shown in my "thread"?

The debate seems over before it began, and yet on other related topics of religon, they continue to do what? Argue... fight for hegemony? Every one wants to be the boss... that is the God of this existence....

This is the first and the last.... this "thread"... should represent an end to the struggle for mysticism... oddly it doesn't... which I think is the greater commentary.

Well I know you are ALL correct... you are the boss.., "...you are all the gods... children of the most high GOD"... that's a quote from your Bible...

28 views of this very original "thread", and no view-points to share... guess I'll be forced to stick to the other Threads then... no one wants to share their toys with me...

52yrs • M •
How cn anyone look at another thread of thought, and then at this one, and not comment on this one?

It's easy if you close your eyes real tight...

This is my first and only religous "thread" ever in the 4 years I've been posting on this site...

I think it is a final religous thread from me, since it fosters no debate what-so-ever...

I also think that the lack of commentary proves my points beyond all shadows and smoke and mirrors others put up on other threads...

The truth in the bible is not because it is the bible, but because it is the truth... most wouldn't agree because they believe the truth needs the bible instead of the other way around...

The only religon I see human beings practicing faithfully is the 7 deadly sins...

to which I would add... fear and anger... making them a perfect 9

Good luck on your "search" for the "truth"... good luck being able to recognize it when it slaps you in the face... then again since no one is willing to show their face I guess that'll never happen either...

Good luck

31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i actually found it very intriguing.however,i did not find a reason to debate it.i liked the idea.but thats just it,an idea,however intriguing it might be.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I haven't read the Bible so I can't really debate about that but I've heard the story how Mary could have lied about an illegitimate child and was forced to flea and claim that the baby is God's son.

Why is it you say that this would lead to an end to mysticism? I would like for you to elaborate on this point.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 52yrs • M •
I have said this will lead to an end to "mysticism" because the foundation for most of the mystics, (which includes the religous), is western philosophies...(of which christianity is the premier philosophy)...

Why would the mystic cease to search once the christian paradigm is obliterated thusly? Because, western man, (European and his decended slave casts), usually only expresses alterior mystic values as a reaction to Christianity... to refute it in his/her personal life...

As the most prevelant mysticism, christianity, in a Judeao-christian society... the counter culturalist can cease to waste his/her energy in refuting the balderdash and concentrate on more sublime pursuits...

Picture it like Einstein, (a very religous man), limiting his wardrobe to khaki and same-colored shirts... in order to free his brain power during college for higher pursuits than choosing fashion in his wardrobe...

Remember he subsequently burst the Atom with a thought...

Stop wasting energy on such childish pursuits as the justification of a 2000 year old lie from 4000 year old liars...

It's actually quite embarassing to entertain these discourses in the pressence of fully concious individuals.

"What is right and wrong then?" I can hear you saying...

THE WILL TO POWER... It is non-racial, colorless and eternally necessary... God is not.

The only confirmed "unlimited" thing know to us is - Human Stupidity...

None of us are guilty of this though, for we are on a path of knowing and learning from one another... until we leave the path of knowledge... we cannot become fools.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jimbobby is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well I dont know but I reckon the guy with a white beard would be a good start.

"Only gay people have quotes to look good"
 36yrs • M
I see what you're saying about splitting hairs about the whole Christ thing. A big waste of time, I agree. The will to power though... you an advocate of Nietzsche then? I don't think power is the only pursuit in life. What about love? That doesn't fit into the will to power but it definitely does exist.

52yrs • M •
ChrisD - Yes, Niezche is a favorite of my readings... and above all others, LOVE fits most firmly into the "will to power", because the people who express LOVE are usually expressing some self interested desire, self centered or serving LOVE...

Alttuistic Love is so rare that it's not hardly worth mentioning, because found in such small quantities it is useless as a reference point for the masses... why? Because they have no experience with altruism in general...

You wouldn't expect someone with no experience to practice medicine or any other disciple well...

Love is more a learned behavior, if it were natural then it must be totally undesireable because what passes for LOVE in our societies is a harmful sham.

Love, (I'm sorry to say), may be one of those things that only exist on paper and in theory, like an equal sign.

Purely theorectical

36yrs • M
Surely you would love and do anything for your daughter without expecting anything in return, wouldn't you?

I think altruistic love is a natural thing and just because a very small percentage of people actually practice it does not mean that it isn't natural or right. It's so cliche to say it but in the past the masses have countless times been wrong, so using that as evidence gives your stand no credibility at all. How natural or logical is it for someone to desire impermanent things like power or pleasures of the senses when they know that one day they will die? This is my problem with Nietzsche's will to power. He assumes that the entire human race is a bunch of idiots. But it can't be true. How can a person like Christ exist or Buddha or Paramahamsa Yogananda or the thousands of other saints in our earth's history who saw that were was something more to life and out of boundless compassion put their lives to the service of liberating people from the pit of egoistic misery.

Do you really think the will to power satisfies anyone? Like the way it satisfied Hitler or Mussolini or you when you got that little thing that you wanted but just wanted a little bit more. At the end of the day, when you're lying in bed thinking about things like you've done since before you can remember, are you really convinced?

33yrs • F •
Miss T is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
In those days the lineage of women didnt seem too important to the writers of the bible, so its usually not recorded, ( only a few special women got included) And Mary's lineage is not recorded, so how do we know that she was not actually a descendent of David ?

""One cannot do great things, only small things with great love""
 52yrs • M •
Chris D - Thanks for the posting, and perhaps I was raised to be a different type of service to the community and causes... perhaps this is as rare as pure altruism... someone raised by a true leader who is more generous than is easily fathomable... someone who truly attained to wealth by helping others achieve it...

So when I say no... I demand of my daughter... she is not at the age of reason, or decision yet... and when she does reach it, her character will be set in such a way, that some percentage of my own upbringing will carry forward in her actions and life...

I don't hope this, I know this... how? as you said... in bed (in the death bed), where do the regrets come from? Answer... wisdom.

Knowledge can be had at any age... it is simply knowing how to do something.

Wisdom is knowing how NOT to do a thing.

Nietzsche is a German-Jew of the 1700's... comparing him to Hitler and others is a stretch but not unfathomable....

And so Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini all operated on the same principle for spreading POPULAR IDEAS... charisma is universal... Buddha, Jesus... you.

But the comparison falls apart when we misjudge... Nietzsche more was baffled by humanity's weak show of effort... which of course implied that the people he condemed were not idiots but were making a conscious choice NOT to better their best, or stop the decay of society.... and less than 250 years after his death... his Germany fell into the hands of a huckster promising to restore her.

Listen to Misty, (Miss T) -

The Jews don't consider you a proper Jew unless your mother is Jewish....

Like many ancient cultures they trace lineage through Motherhood... she is special and protected and respected...

Now Miss T would refer to herself as a "MISS"... like missing the target... which is a European not an Eastern or Northern African concept of woman-hood, (not like N.E.AfricanJeruselem and Egypt)....

At the same time she's been influenced to not search the "Bible" for support of her woman-hood... like Queen Esther... who saved the entire Jewish nation from a tyrannical king, was given the keys to that kingdom... we owe it all to motherhood...

Everything on the EARTH had to travel here through the womb of a woman...

ChrisD - All monuments are impermanent... and that is the usual cop-out that people use to deny themselves any success in this life... to under-shoot their own potential and hold others back so that they don't look like slackers by comparison.

Most of our ideas don't really exist... although they are attractive and interesting... they are not reality... a man/woman can dream big dreams beyond foundations they are capable of completing in their own lifetime... if they possess a son/daughter that will carry the dream forward.. then that dreamer is in reality... but a solitary dreamer has to conform his dreams to reality.

Cool Dragon, huh?

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm . . . One would think that the presenting of Mary's preg. condition due to God's action tend to leave the point mute, Actually, as John the Baptist stated "that God could raise up children of Abraham from stones' is of greater significants as it implies that the heir of God's kingdom are not a matter of biological => genetically pass on rather only the Christ would be Abraham's decedent. As man as a created being has (had) no DNA but rather acquired it via the act of creation (kind of like the belly button thread?) as living biological organism,
Miss T, I had heard their are two listed geneologies of Jesus, in fact this discrepancy was stated to be due to the paternal & the other maternal?

36yrs • M
"ChrisD - All monuments are impermanent... and that is the usual cop-out that people use to deny themselves any success in this life... to under-shoot their own potential and hold others back so that they don't look like slackers by comparison."

I can see how you would think that's a cop out and so I'll try to clear up what I meant by that. All worldly things are fleeting but of course you can't just deny them completely, then you wouldn't be able to sustain life. And sure, it's fun to see how high up on the pedestal you can get within worldly concerns but to dedicate your entire life to some monument just seems stupid. We all know we will one day lay upon that deathbed and no amount of money or power can change that. And we hear and we see from every direction that death takes us all but we just take their word for it and never investigate it for ourselves to know for sure. Death can be conquered. The garden is there, I'm sure, hidden from the beasts.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Can i ask a simple question. perhaps its not as related. if a jevova's wittness told me that their copy of the bible is authentic because they had Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew scholars in treying to translate it, blah blah, what do i say to her? All ive been told by my muslim teachers is that the bible has been distorted and its been changed over the years, so can a christian or a non christian explain the 'authenticity' of it.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy