Being angry is the easy part. Being angry at the right person, at the right time, and in the right way. Thats the hard part. - fireflys
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I'm kind of sad

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm kind of sad
I haven't seen as many people on as I used to when I first signed up to these forums. Going on these forums has become another path for me to talk to people about stuff and kinda having people to go to to learn or seek advice.

I like seeing these new faces though but at the same time miss some of the old.

soo what's everyone been up to

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I miss people when they leave, even the totally insane people.

Mugen use to be a fighting game to me, now when I think of Mugen I think of a really funny guy who draws insanely well!

You know me; I eat, sleep and breathe my computer. Same as always.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

yeahh I'm always working on my computer, soo coming here is a good way for me to socialize for most of the day

45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know what most of my problem is, I am not a very fast typer. I still finger type and dont look at the screen. I actually dont have the time to post.

I honestly have to take 10-20 minutes to do any one post becasue I am not a very short poster. Everything I post is thought out, re-worded, re-typed and sometimes spell-checked!

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
You know what most of my problem is, I am not a very fast typer. I still finger type and dont look at the screen.

Hehehe, I can relate!
I never typed in my whole life until I got my PC 1 year ago.

Then I was complaining to someone about having to 2 finger it while looking at the keyboard all the time, and I was given a great tip: just Google 'free typing lessons' and you can easily learn how to touch type...

And the really cool thing is that you learn via easy and amusing games. So anytime I had a free moment I would play one of these little games I'd left sitting on my task bar...
and in one week I was touch typing no problem!

My speed was a little slow in the beginning but that's just during the transition.

Anyway I can genuinely recommend it...its one of those little things that makes life just so much easier in the long run.

Oh, and btw, the easy games also act as great stress relievers, and they're quite fun because you build up a score and then when you score high you get the stadium applause which cracked me up every time

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've been on here for a while now, I stopped posting as much though because when I first came here, I was using it mainly as an outlet for my depression that stemmed from the VERY rough break up with the girlfriend at the time. I was pretty low in the dumps, questioning life and its meaning blah blah blah if I was ever going to be happy again, but I'm fine now, lol.

I read most all the posts, but most of these people are way smarter then me and I can't even relate to the stuff they discuss... IE POLITICS. Hahaha so I just dont have any input

^_^

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I've run out of meaningful things to contribute and anything I could possible add has already been said. Also, we run out of topics.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 45yrs • M •
You actaully believe that in all of your 33months here. I have been here for more than double that, I see new topics everyday....almost.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I actually feel I have gained alot from this site. I know that you have a grander idea of what this site should be about Decius. And I wish it could be that way too.

But one of the reasons I come here is because the world around me is so apathetic and seems to go around in a comatose state of mind, not even knowing they are even alive.

This is the closest thing I can get to a community which knows it's alive and has interests other than what's on TV.

And I feel that in the year I have been here it has made me THINK about the world more than I have since I was a teenager searching for answers- before he had his curiosity squashed by society's Tard Hammer.

When I read posts and look at different ways of thinking, and hear people's opinions from all around the world, I am slowly gaining knowledge.

I know it isn't the revolutionary life changing thing you talk of Decius. I wish it was.

But to me and to alot of the people who come here regularly I think it is all we have.

And I truly believe that if the people who regularly post here weren't interested in changing their beliefs to some degree they wouldn't bother at all.

Maybe they prefer to do it in their own comfort zone. I guess it's like learning to swim in the shallow end of the pool. But at least they are trying to swim.

While the world worries about Brittany and Paris and seems to get dumber by the minute, I come here and read old threads and new ones, and I think. I try to work out why I am here. I try to make sense of my life. And at times I post things I feel may help someone gain a different perspective than they already have. Or maybe fill in a piece of the puzzle to a greater picture.

(And at the same time, I too feel my posts help me gather my thoughts and teach me about myself.)

I truly wish the world wasn't the way it is. But it is.

And when people come here and post videos or talk about their boyfriend problems, it may seem as if they are just bringing the stupid world here with them.

But I feel, from my own experience, that this site has something to offer which is very subtle and not easily seen.

It stimulates the brain. It puts the seeds of ideas in people's minds. And they may go away thinking about something I, or Wyote or Mugen, or anyone else wrote, that may seem totally inconsequential at the time.

But one day it may all fall into place, in their environment, in their situation, and actually be a life changing process of thoughts subconsciously put there long before.

I think that while no one will reach Nirvana, a few of the people who have silently read and never joined, or those who have come and gone have taken at least something of your dream away with them Decius.

I know I have.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
[  Edited by Chained Wings at   ]
 34yrs • M •
I think there is much potential in the threads we have, but I think some if not most don't explore further into the topic. There's a lot of repeated ideas and agreeing with each other. Which, in some cases is ok, bu after a while we come to a point where we can't go any further or think we can't go any further so people just stop posting.

I personally welcome change in my life no matter where it comes from. If it helps me in a way where I create new ideas and see things in many different ways, I read through it thoroughly and try to understand where they are coming from. I rarely skim over things because I might misread or misinterpret something, and that won't help me if I'm actively seeking some kind of change.

I also like what Chained Wings said about CC actually resembling a 'community' more so than our real one. No ranting and raving about all the garbage streaming through the media that's meant to lock our minds up and turning us into thoughtless zombies.

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well scoff at me if you like, but this site has changed my own lifestyle a good deal. And yeah, maybe I'm just scratching the surface of things at this point, but I have no doubt that change has begun…
And I like it.

And the surprising thing for me is that rather than just being an educational experience (and really one can get that anywhere) it has been about a change of heart. A lot of the posts I read have brought me to love a condition we all share: Humanity … does that make any sense at all?
I see glimpses of beauty in people around here, in spite of the arbitrary nature of whatever they might be saying.

I don't have to agree with every point of view (often I don't) but I am moved by the another point of view, it made a difference…to me anyway (and in the meantime I've learned to stop crowing about it because it annoys, but my appreciation is there all the same).

Anyway, you people do reveal something about yourself in your posts, just a glimpse, and a struggle maybe, a point of view or insight. The emotion that gets through, whether you like it or not, connects us to the greater experience of Humanity as a whole.
Which is to say that the real value lies (imo) somewhere behind a members words, degree of intelligence, and present state of enlightenment.

Its quite remarkable that this does gets through around here, but I believe it does…I see it over and over.

A few of the things I have learned here are…

 Our site Admin does not wear his heart on his sleeve, and is um…easily angered. He likes to shoot straight from the hip, yet will nevertheless help you (if you ask for his help) thus evidence of a well meaning generosity of spirit…

ï‚· You need to get used to hot water and like it, or forever stay outside the pool in the cold (hot water will not kill you though its bound to make you sweat a bit, and this can be a pore-cleansing process).

Oh, and btw…for those of you who believe you are merely having conversations with yourself on this site, I think you are…
I believe every single aspect of what we feel, or respond to... be it love, contempt or even indifference… is no more than a mirrors reflection of our own internal landscape atm.

Perhaps that is one of the real values around here, the getting better acquainted with ones Self…and how deliciously ironic it is that we need one other in order to do so!

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This website has definitely gone down hill since I first came on. But, it is still better than any other post site. One thing that irritates me is the people that right huge posts that take up the whole page. Nobody wants to read that and usually nobody does. One thing I do like is the way the posts are displayed. It makes it easy to read them.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 53yrs • F •
Katyuba is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am new to this site. I was looking up the definition of sexuality, and there was a link that read, "how would you define sexuality?" I cliked on it and it brought me to this web site. There were two women who replyed to the question, and I do not think they even understood the question because they bragged about how they like to be viewed upon as a "sexual object". I was "fired up" and I allaborated on how I feel about being viewed upon as a mere sex object. I replyed to both women's blogs and then I tried to post a reply to the initial question, the way that I understood it, but my message was lost because I was logged off and did not know. I was so frustrated because I worked on it for 45 minutes.

Anyway, I feel like people do not stay on topic on this site as well as you do; moreover, I do not think it is a site for women to show off how sexy she is.

Thanks for your time. Katy

""Follow your Dreams""
 53yrs • F •
Katyuba is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Decius:

I read every word you wrote in your blog. What is it that you would like people to talk about? Maybe one topic that is educational, or a life changing experience that they feel may help someone else? Throw a topic my way, and I will read it, and then reply to it. Give me a chance to prove that I am not a part of the sterotype you described in your blog.

By the way, what do you exspect people to lurn from this site?

Katy

""Follow your Dreams""
 45yrs • M •
Well, learning to spell and use correct punctuation is a very good start.

You will find very very quickly responses like this one will just get you ignored.

I don't expect anybody to learn from this site. However if they learn something about themselves of about this fucked up world that ...betters themselves....well than good!

If they choose to fuck around and don't give a shit about moving forward in life, read a post or two and then fuck off to another site....well than good.

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
I'm kind of sad
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy