The United States is a nation of laws: poorly written and randomly enforced. - ExplodingGopher
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The final chapter is over. Why is this book being so highly praised? I thought it was depressing and very anticlimactic. Entertaining just like all the previous books, but nothing I would consider a "triumph" or "masterful."

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i also thought it was quite depressing.the only part in the end that i was really psyched about was the whole deal with Snape and Dumbledore and how their relationship unraveled through the series.i like the details of the 19-years-later thing,like how Harry was married to Ginny and had children and everything.but like Wyote said,it was very anti-climactic.

i'd give the book a 6/10

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that BillyNoMates is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
wow i would of never though of harry marrying ginny!

"Jingle ALL the way!"
 31yrs • M •
Jac The Young is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I thought it was a good book.It just sucks what happened to fred,remus,tonks and others. oh yea and george feelin saintlike.I like the part where mrs.weasley duels ... ummm, i forgot what the name is.I thought harry and hermione would marry ,not ron and her.

"I think the the bottle is half full, not half empty."
 32yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zyphon is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
yeah the book was getting really good then you read the end. not so good. did like the 19 year later thing though.
oh yeah and Mrs. Weasley duels Belatrix Lestrange.

"sad is the heart that loves. its usually broken"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's got to be anti-climatic and different from all the other books since it has to end. It was really weird because they were never in school, unbelievably depressing, and lacked a good conclusion. But it's a page-turner, has sold millions of copies, and now we can all rest our curios minds and wonder how else she could have ended the series.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, I did enjoy the book and thought good on her for managing to round it off and give the series an end , which must have been difficult to do. I did think it was a bit dark and depressing and the end battle between the great Harry Potter and he who shall not be named was like a wet candle fizzling out, what was up with that? The heaven thing was a bit weird and although I liked the 19 year on view of their lives I just thought she could have done so much more. Anyway it was still a good read and I couldn't put it down, which I can't say about many books.

I really, really hope that she doesn't waste her talent and not write any more books. I would love to see something completely different from her (nothing to do with Harry Potter) perhaps an adult fantasy series. Anyway I wish they'd hurry up with the next film I'm getting withdrawal symptoms!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when it ended i felt like i was saying goodbye to an old friend. the fourth was rocked, with the tournement.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy