Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Women, girls, Female...easy to read like a paper or alien creature to "MAN"kind?

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sky1234 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Women, girls, Female...easy to read like a paper or alien creature to "MAN"kind?
I've searched through most of the "guys" forum, but didn't find anything regarding the understanding of girls as of yet, except for a few.
women, girls and female alike, can't live with them, can't live without them. The love and hate relationship between most men and women are so irrational, but funny in some few occasion. Mostly the hate part are consist of misunderstanding of each other, and as of me, i don't understand women a bit, so go figure how my relationship with womens are

so...any male who is more experience , insight and understanding willing to shad some light to me and those who fall in the same category? -----many thanks-----

"Beware of the dog"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There reason that there is nothing in the guys section about understanding women, is because no guy has managed to it yet. As a matter of fact I'm quite firmly of the belief that most women don't really understand what they want, the anger directed at us because of our "lack of understanding" is their irritation at themselves for not knowing what they're actually looking for and therefore being unable to get it. We are just the poor sods who get the unreasoning hatred for failing to provide the cop out option for them and telling them (correctly) what they want. But to be fair that is generally only whichever one you are currently dating.

As friends they are understandable(ish) as long as you are capable of realising that they may want to talk about emotions at some point, and expect you to take them seriously (something guys tend not to do).

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
LOL, you guys have my genuine sympathy here, BUT...I'd like to suggest that you are misguided.

You see there really is nothing specific to understand about women that does not exactly apply to men, we are all human.
Except this; the sexual/gender tension is all about power. Power and seduction is the name of the game, its as simple as that.

Everyone wanting power, few willing to share it is at the core of the problem. Men have power so women use seduction, then women gain power, and so men start looking for a manual on 'How to understand Woman'...so that really and truly they can set about rebalancing the scales of power to their favor.

And this merry game continues ad infinitum, until a truce is drawn to form a cozy alliance called a relationship or marriage. Drawing the right truce is key, then everyone just gets on with life accordingly.

Have fun...

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As long as the male can assert dominance over the female in a caring and entertaining way, there are almost no problems that arise in a male-female relationship. Sometimes the roles are reversed, and in gay relationships one person must become the dominant one. If the dominant role is clear and never changing or changes without conflict, there are very few (if any) emotional problems.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 68yrs • F •
Ya, and the curious thing is its just the same with animals...although I shouldn't say curious since we are all animals together.

But ALL animals seek a leader in every relationship, and since I best understand horses I will tell you that fear of another does not cut it. Respected horse trainers show that you can persuade a horse to do anything you ask so long as it respects you as a worthy leader, which is something earned and learned through a day to day relationship.

And therefore Wyote's observation about caring is quite right imo, no one and no thing accepts domination by any other unless genuine caring is at its foundation. Without this the struggle for power continues.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would disagree with you about there being nothing to understand about women. I have yet to hear of any girl who will directly come out and say what she wants, most girls have a tendency towards wanting the guy to be the more dominant but also they want to get their own way. We definitely need a manual on how to read minds. though like I said in my first reply, generally women only start giving mixed signals when you are in a relationship with them. In my experience it's not a case of the guy looking to regain some control by understanding the woman, it's the woman refusing to take control despite the fact that she wants it.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 68yrs • F •
Yes I see your point Cynic, but can you see that the same moment the women analyses and lays bare her real desires and what she really wants, the mystic is lost and thus too the degree of power she presently holds over her man.

It may not be a pretty thing, and many young women wont even admit to it, but I suggest they secretly relish the power they hold over men just from being wanted, yet withholding themselves. It explains why they like to break up with someone, yet still keep the connection alive. Its not something they often have self conscious awareness of, but dig deep enough and you will find the scales of power at its source.

A real test is to remove your wanting/loving them (not an easy task) and watch to see how that affects them, because then they also lose the power they had over you, and though they will never admit to it, they loved the feel of that power and will miss it.

And yes, you are quite right about women wanting men to be 'dominant'. What kind of power trip would it be if the man were a mere dolt?
Once she matures women learn to establish their own inner power and its not so NB to act out in this way, but the sexual desirability of a young woman is an area where she learns to wield power in the adult world. So I still maintain that at its source, and no matter how its presented, its about power.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy