Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Exodus - decoded

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Exodus - decoded
This video appears to have been removed

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
Part 1

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
Part 2

51yrs • F •
Part 3

51yrs • F •
Part 4

51yrs • F •
I can't seem to find the final part to this series, which is rather annoying because it brought the rest of it together beautifully, I will try to locate it and add it at a later date. In the meantime, this little clip is also interesting.

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Interesting video's Sorceress, thanks for posting these. I have some questions though:
1. The producers seem to be saying ‘because these remarkable stories can be linked to natural phenomena which actually occurred, the Bible is truth and not myth'.
Yet as you know any story including fantasy and myth, has known reality as its foundation. This is what makes it accessible to the reader. As far as I can see, all this video does is prove that these events may actually have been earth-shattering events not unlike the Tsunami. And it would be absurd if we all believed that the Tsunami occurred because God wanted to punish the Tai people.

What are your thoughts here?

51yrs • F •
I believe that Moses as an Egyptian prince would have had a great deal of wisdom and knowledge at his fingertips. I believe that he knew that there had been this fantatic catastrophe and he knew what all the outcomes of this would be, just like it describes in the film, he knew what would happen once the waters were polluted, and I am sure that he firmly believed himself that he had been given this knowledge as a sign from God to help the people of his own blood line to escape their enslavement.

Just because we can explain these events doesn't mean they were any the less miraculous to the people of the time, or that God was indeed talking to Moses through the course of the events as they unfolded.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So it isn't so much that an exordinary events happened but they were given fore-knownledge of the events. Some of course contend that these events were acknowledged (written) after the fact or post event . . . so Lot & his family just happened to be away from their home when the city was destroyed.

68yrs • F •
quote:
Just because we can explain these events doesn't mean they were any the less miraculous to the people of the time

Absolutely true.

And even today magicians appear miraculous to the people of our time, and yet does this mean their tricks are the work of God? Or just clever deceptions masterminded by people in the know.
This does not manipulate us because we are aware of the trickery and we marvel at the skill it entails. But if we were never informed about the trickery, and the magicians told us they came from God…?

quote:
I believe that Moses as an Egyptian prince would have had a great deal of wisdom and knowledge at his fingertips.

Is it possible that Moses (as an Egyptian prince) was really an insightful politician with a good plan?

quote:
I believe that he knew that there had been this fantatic catastrophe and he knew what all the outcomes of this would be

I don't doubt you, yet this does bear a dubious resemblance to the modern day politics of mass control. One might even say that the US government has taken this same procedure a step further by not hanging around for natural disasters to occur, but creating their very own ones, like 911.

So I fail to see how the movie manages to do more than prove that this Biblical story is any more than a History of Politics, and I for one cannot stomach a mix of spirituality with politics. In fact my greatest criticism of religion is that it tries to do just that.

Interesting historical videos though.

51yrs • F •
I absolutely do not believe that Moses knew these things were going to happen because he had seen it in a dream or been literally told it by God. What I mean when I say he knew the events were going to happen is that as a man of great wealth and knowledge (as power) in the form of pyramid texts and scrolls from wise men from other parts of the world that he may well have been introduced to through travelling or guests of the palace or whatever, he knew (in some pseudo-scientific way) that the events were unfolding and he knew that if the water was polluted it would cause a certain chain of events ie. all the plagues and if he knew there had been an earthquake and he knew where, he may well have been able to predict the sunami (sorry don't think that's spelt right!)

However, I do not think this was a political thing in the way we may see it today. He very well may have believed that this knowledge that he had accumulated was absolutely God given and in this way God (in his heart) was telling him to help these people, who he knew were part of his birth-right and he couldn't bare to see them suffer.

I am also saying that even if this was the case and all the events were scientifically or logically pieced together by him, that still doesn't make it any the less God's handy work, as all natural phenomenon from the creation on are due to a cosmic domino effect if you like, once a chain of events is sent in motion (ie. creation) all things may follow God's predestined natural path. And we are in the middle of it trying to live our lives with our own free will. And yes what we do is our choice, but certain things around us in the environment are giong to happen anyway as far as I am concerned.

68yrs • F •
Mmmm, Sorceress the more you teach me about Moses the more I realize what a scheming politician he really was, and this video draws my attention to what a political text the bible really is.

I hadn't really thought of Moses as an Egyptian prince before, but now that you mention it I remember visiting several temples in Egypt and being gobsmacked at the framework of Christianity in evidence on all the temple walls.

Moreover, the level of deceit designed into grand temples genuinely shocked me. One I remember temple in particular called Kom Ombo that contained a myriad of hidden corridors for the priests and those in power to access so that they could literally speak from concealment and therefore become the ‘voice of Horus' â€'the then identical version of Jesus, with the intention to deceive the faithful.

quote:
However, I do not think this was a political thing in the way we may see it today. He very well may have believed that this knowledge that he had accumulated was absolutely God given

Yes, but every single politician claims God as its authority, even George Bush. And if Moses did indeed appropriate natural disaster for political ends - as the archeology in this video reveals, then Moses is fundamentally not much different from George himself.

This combined with the trickery catered for by Egyptian architects in their temples, and the way Roman Catholicism has appropriated Egyptian religion, and on and on till today…

Well let's just say I have no stomach for spirituality mixed with deceit.

The Exodus - decoded
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy