Define freedom; but how is that possible when we as human beings have never experienced it? - zerokool
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Do You Want to be a Christian?

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
Child of light is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If you would like to give up your life of sin, take up your cross and follow Jesus, then read the following.

God Loves You
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son so that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life." John 3:16

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

All Are Sinners
"For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
Romans 3:23

"As it is written: 'There is no one righteous, not even one.'" Romans 3:10

God's Remedy for Sin
"The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23

"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" John 1:12

"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures," 1 Corinthians 15:3-4

All May Be Saved Now
"Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me." Revelation 3:20

"for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" Romans 10:13

The Sinner's Pray (pray aloud or in your head if you wish)

Lord Jesus. I realize that I am a sinner and repent of my sins. I believe that you died on the cross for me and because of that, my sin has been washed away and all I have to do is accept you as my Lord and savior. That being the case, I do accept you as my Lord and as my Savior. Help me walk in light. Help guide my steps. Help be my keeper. Amen.

Now What Do I Do?

1. Find a Christian church that suits you and believes in the Bible.
2. Fellowship with other believers around you.
3. Read you Bible
4. Pray continually about everything and anything.
5. Help spread the word of God around the corner and around the world.

Assurance As a Believer

"That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

"I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life." John 5:24

"ut these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." John 20:31

Let me know if this helped anyone. Send me thanks and/or positive/negetive reinforcement. Thanks!
"

"Get outta here Satan!"
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Please will you watch at least the first part of this movie, and then we can discuss...
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/73791/zeitgeist.htm#73834

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Child of light that is very nice copying of a Christian leaflet and all the memory verses are very well ordered and the scriptures are all good scriptures, I know because I've read them. However, you are only 15 years old and your brain is very nicely washed! And don't give me that 'at least I know whose washing my brain, Jesus!' rubbish because I've heard it all before. Now I consider myself to be a Christian, I love Jesus with all my heart and soul and thank him every day for dying for me and leading me to God's glorious kingdom. But, and it is a big but. Jesus Christ was not a Christian, he was a Jew, not only that but he encouraged everyone to walk with him. He got down to the child's level, he understood the weak's struggles, and he encouraged all to question to understand the glory of God's universe.

Do watch that video tha Chiron is suggesting and please, please, please read some scientific literature, and also books that are not Christian. You need to live in this world to understand it.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • M •
Not Ashamed is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that first of all, it is ridiculous for a 51 year old, and a 34 year old to critisize a 15 year old's beliefs. I believe that just because you have lived a hard life, doesn't mean that everyone else has to live that same life full of hate and disbelief. I want for Child of Light to read out of 1 Timothy and remember that even though old farts think they've got the only opinions that matter that someone with the faith of a child should grow up. Jesus said, "Let the little childern come to me, do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." In this wounded world, we need for there to be people like child of light who will try to help others through the valley of the shadow of death. And what does it matter that Jesus was a Jew? How often did he tell his followers to stay like the jews of his day. He defied the religious leaders of 30 AD Jerusalem becvause he came to earth to build a bridge so that the road could lead us home. Jesus was a Jew all the way, but he was the Christ, the Messiah, Immanuel. He came to Earth to lead us home, to heaven, and he did so by making a new covenant and demolishing the old one. He stopped the need for sacrifice by becoming the perfect sacrifice. Child of Light is doing a big thing by offering the chance of a life time to those who are lost, and I for one stand behind him. Way to go Child of light! God bless you. And if neither of the other old farts who are criticizing him keep on with it, well then, I hope when you die, God is just and sends you to your just reward. I want to be a pastor when I grow up, and I know you probably don't care, but to say I hope you go to hell, well, it just won't sit well in my stomach or my soul. As much as it pains me to say it, I love you just as Christ does.

"Never settle for mediocrity. Be a rhinocerous, not a cow."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I think that first of all, it is ridiculous for a 51 year old, and a 34 year old to critisize a 15 year old's beliefs.

- age has no relevance when it comes to a topic about this especially on a forum like this, if a '15 year old' is going to provide a topic like this to talk about, everyone on this forum is entitled to criticize

but more on topic, why would this make me want to be a Christian? my answer to this thread is 'no' until you can tell me why I would want to be or how much better it would change my already great life.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 51yrs • F •
Not ashamed. you should be very ashamed of yourself. Firstly you need to take off the boxing gloves and re-read the above posts.

And if you want to be a pastor, which is a worthy calling if your heart is in the right place (which by the way yours isn't yet) please remember in future not to put words in peoples' mouths - they won't love you for it.

You are very negative, and angry and you don't even know why!

I live my life to the full, I bring up my children to thank God for this glorious universe that he created. I do unto others as I would have done to me. I love as hard as I can. And I read and study as much about this world and all the people in it as I can.

My God is the creator of every living cell and every bright star in this universe and I would hope loves this wonderous creation.

Do you trully believe I'm going to hell because I chose to offer a fifteen year old some advise about learning about the world he lives in and the people in it before damning every one who isn't like you to some fiery pit ruled over by a horned demon fallen angel????

Oh by the way - God bless you

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol Fanatics.

Im pretty sure from now on, because of you two's arrogont and feeble attempts of converting people to cristianity that I am no longer giving any cjristian a chance again. Maybe next time you two will pick you words better... lol Frickin wackos.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that mudd is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would like to be a christian, but at a lot of the churches i've went to they've critized gay people, people who read like vampire novels, etc... and tell us or preach to us that we will go to hell if we don't follow the bible or everything God wants. And I think that God should love everyone for who they are and if we really have to be that perfect to go to heaven I think we're all going to hell because no one is that perfect, even the most perfect christian has their flaws. The expectations are set too high, see I would be a christian like I said, but I wouldn't go to church or drastically change who i am for my god to love me.

""LIe to me",she whispered. "I love you",he said."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
--God is a distinct separate being from us... whom I must offer worship, whom I must cultivate, humor, please, and hope to obtain a reward from at the very end of my life. does this sound familiar?

THAT IS NOT WHAT GOD IS, THAT IS A BLASPHEMY!!!!!
Christian's among others make me sick inside.

Decius, I love your Ghandi quote haha

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that BillyNoMates is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think its just...stupid, people saying that you have to be in a religion to have your sins forgiven. God doesn't judge on the things you do but the person you are.

Can I just ask... why are you trying to convert people?

JUST LEAVE THEM BE!

"Jingle ALL the way!"
 33yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that BillyNoMates is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
The Sinner's Pray (pray aloud or in your head if you wish)

Lord Jesus. I realize that I am a sinner and repent of my sins. I believe that you died on the cross for me and because of that, my sin has been washed away and all I have to do is accept you as my Lord and savior. That being the case, I do accept you as my Lord and as my Savior. Help me walk in light. Help guide my steps. Help be my keeper. Amen.

and yeah i know that from the bible, but doesnt God also say in the bible that you shouldn't repeat your prayers because you only need to say it once to be heard?

and if thats so that God loves us. He loves us with sin or no sin. You should only ask for forgiveness when you feel you deserve it.

"Jingle ALL the way!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not that I disagree but rather to answer the question"hypocrites' was the most commonly used term Jesus used for those elders.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Do You Want to be a Christian?"

In a word ... no.

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 51yrs • F •
"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the law and the prophets." (Mathew 7:12)

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy