If you like me, I'll relish you. If you love me, I'll treasure you. If you hurt me, I'll DESTROY you. - Evilia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Energy?

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
sticker is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Energy?
Hey and whatsup... im new to these forums and i just wanted to ask you guys a question.

Do you think that everything is made of energy?

*When i say everything i mean everything such as objects,time,space,creatures, ETC?*

Beyond all of the different particles and atoms whats next ?It must be energy of some sort.

"The possiblities are endless to us humans and to the existence of life"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As frequency increases => wave length decreases till the waves become one (unity) or becomes in phase, thus energy becomes matter (inertial mass) because it 'occupies space'.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
In fact, they found that photon emission could be achieved at lower energy by applying particular (resonant) frequencies. This lead to chemical analysis by varying the frequency at lower energy levels which did not break the chemical bonds.
This implies that mass/ energy exist in or at various levels, just as the atomos theory lead to an unsuspected conclusion about the nature of existence.

49yrs • M •
buff71 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
E=MC^2 Wayback Its not that hard to figure out. ENERGY = MASS (times) the speed of light squared. Wayback, What is energy? Please define what energy is and then we can move on.

""yes""
 55yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tricipian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think energy is a process. It is not some free agent that goes around creating mass. Even the examples suggest process, if you do this add that then x, y or z happens. All things have the potential to interact that is my meaning of energy.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yay!!!! Physics. Have you studied Quarks before?? You guys link energy to mass. I think it is possible to have massless entities with energy. I think energy is massless and that combining energy you create mass. Like protons are made up of three quarks, the mass of quarks is so small it can be classed as negligable similar to that of an electron.

When looking at Newtons laws of motion we can pressume that energy is created from a reaction. Like atoms have energy because of the components thereof and how they react with each other. I believe quarks ought to have sub - components. but as quarks are instable when isolated then you could say they are fundamental. A way to describe these is to call them a form of energy. Like dark matter, it has no mass and cannot easily be explained or found but it helps explain things.

If you look at all the types of energy, Kinetic E = 1/2 MV squared. Potential E= Mgh E = MC squared etc. This would say mass is directly proportional to energy.

However when we look at the fundamental forces, we can say nuclear forces of attraction are far greater in energy terms than most everyday common energies. I.e. Gravity is very week in comparison.

I think everything is made of energy. Looking at complex mathematics we can say that there are dimentions not comprehendable to that of our understanding. We can assume that these contain energy but we cannot comprehend this and therefore there will inevitably be energies and types of entities that we cannot understand and cannot see or sence.

But if you think we are living because of energy. Everything comprehendable to human beings and everything we know of can be said to consist of some type of energy and this could be said to be fundamental in that as far as we can understand and go back we can say that energy is the source at the time being.

I cannot find easier words to explain my thoughts so you should maube read this again intuitively.

"Shengising Nugget"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that washingmypirate is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cturtle? where does Lumbda = C / f come into this? Not everything in the world is radiation. Not everything has a wavelegnth. You should try wave partical duality theory. ;D

"Shengising Nugget"
 35yrs • F •
PHOTON EMISSION???

As in the photo electric effect.

OR

Resonance???

Every element has a particular frequency so if you use say Hydrogen lamp, as measure it's photon emission spectrum. you will find the photons given off are of a certain wavelegnth. The electron orbiting the photon of the H atom has a principle quantum number, n,. Only discrete energy levels or orbitals are given and so the spectrum produced will have discrete spectral lines. This is because wavelegnth and therefore frequency is specific to a certain element.

If you are thinking of mass spectrometry, then you could say certain isotopes have certain relative masses.

Photons are emitted due to the electron in its energy level is excited and therefore jumps up energy level and when it comes back down it releases a photon of a given energy. This energy is the difference between the two energy levels in which the elecron jumped. If the orbital recieves enough excitement to allow it to jump to the highest energy level the it becomes ionised and no photon is emmited.

The possible energy levels are not continuous and so when you say it is possible to use lower frequencies to emit photons or whatever then I dispute this.

The mass of an electron is very small.

The allowed energies can be found;

E = (me^4/8E0^2h^2) 1/n^2

where m is the mass of an electron,
e is the charge of an elecron,
E0 is epsie nought,
h is planks constant and n is the principle quantum number.

The mass of the electron is so small that it can be said to be negligable and therefore energy might possibly exist regardless of mass.

The Photo electric effect;
This is used to prove light is of wave and particle in that bombarding metal with photons allows the release of an electron. Also electron diffraction can be used.

"Shengising Nugget"
 35yrs • F •
Oh yeah. What does resonance have to do with it?????

"Shengising Nugget"
Energy?
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy