Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

pro-life v. pro-choice? - Page 2

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well in looking at other countries china also believes its ok to kill born baby girls when the family already has a certain number of female children. I don't think that you would be willing to gas your third daughter simply because the govt. says you have too many.

as for the bit on extremism, wasn't the boston tea party also an act of extremism? That is an act that in the long run lead us to be the country we are now. It was one of the first acts that lead to our independence from Britain.

Weren't Martin Luther King Jr.'s speeches and the marches by the black community acts of extremism? Yet they were the forerunner events that initially led to an end to segregation and nationwide racism.

My comment that seems to be so disturbing to SupermanGom was not meant to be disturbing...it was merely meant to show that the unborn children have rights that we need to protect for them. Just as the daughters of china need a family that they can go to so that they will not be murdered by their govt. That is one of the reasons that US citizens adopt from China so often. We protect those children

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SupermanGom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me clarify. Religious extremism is the phrase I should have used. When a government dictates on issues that are intrinsically personal, it is in my opinion an infringement on our civil liberties. Oh and by the way, US citizens adopt from China so often because of the lack of red tape surrounding the adoption process in China in comparison to the adoption process in the US. Do your research before making such statements. "We protect those children"
What are you trying to insinuate? Oh You mean just like you've liberated the Iraqi people lol. Kidding ... sorta

"Destiny is only destiny when we believe in destiny."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was saying that we save the chinese daughter's from being killed by their govt. simply because they were not the first or second born girl. And I wasn't saying that it was the only reason we adopt from china most but it is a small factor. And I didn't liberate anyone...I'm not sure where I gave off the impression that I support our war. I support our troops but the war is truly somewhat pointless at this stage. My point was that we cannot choose for other people (unborn children) that they should die when they cannot speak for themselves simply because their mother doesn't want them. It's almost like saying...well...your 12 years old, but your mother doesn't want you so we're gonna kill you so that she can get on with her life. It sounds harsh but the principle is the same. The only difference is that the unborn child is more innocent and pure than that 12 year old child.

pro-life v. pro-choice? - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy