Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Evil - Page 2

User Thread
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes this is all very interesting. But what is your own definitions of evil. To me evil is any act that's consequences leave you cold to the core. Something you just cannot believe someone would do. Like locking a child in a basement for fifteen years, or systematically murdering people just because they can get away with it, or I don't know whatever crimes you can think of that leave you feeling numb inside. Isn't that evil. And what about people who just seem to have no kind of feelings of empathy or sympathy for another person and who do not care what they do to hurt another physically or emotionally. If they have no idea about cause and effect of their actions on the world aqnd blindly stumble around with no moral crutch at all, isn't that evil? Yes I know its ignorance and stupidity and all the rest of it, but to me their actions are what constitute real evil in the world.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that doom123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
evil comes from boredom. when your mind is empty, its a vessel for evil to climb into. we are not naturally born with nothing to do, so evil is not a natural thing. as for what is concidered evil, that to me is totally opinion.

"if life has no point whats the point in talking about it?"
 40yrs • M •
Sammuel is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I define good and evil as anything that helps or hinders me in my pursuit of self-realization.
Objective, civilization-based consequences have no real bearing on matters affecting moral judgements of good and evil.

"Our firmest convictions are apt to be the most suspect."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that fireangel is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In Khaled Hosseini's book "The Kite Runner", the main character's father defines all sin and all evil by one simple comandment. DO NOT STEAL! Taking their property is stealing, taking their life is stealing, you steal their right to know the truth by lying. And so on. Everything that anyone would consider evil can be summed up in this one simple rule. Just a thought, and also an amazing book.

Evil - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy