Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

My dad

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that renae02 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
My dad
My parentsa are divorced and i am having a hard time getting use to it my dad just got re-married and now. I wanna live with my mom how do i tell my dad without hurting him?

"forget the game before somone takes u out of the frame and puts ur name to frame u can't run a race the pace is to fast u just won't last.. Linkin Park points of aurthority"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
At 19 years of age you are not a child anymore. If it was me, I would try and be diplomatic about it. Perhaps talk to your dad and say you think your mum needs you around for a bit and that now he is getting married his new wife and him could do with some time to be a married couple on their own. Tell him you love him and you are at the other end of the phone and just a visit away, perhaps even arrange a weekly meeting or Sunday Lunch together or something. I'm sure he will understand. Hope this helps you.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I agree, my parents are divorced and I find that being absolutely truthful is one of the most important things to be in this kind of situation or any situation where you are really close to someone. Lies just snowball and eventually get out of hand. Tell him exactly how you feel and that you would rather live with your mom for whatever reasons sway you that way. It's really hard to do but to be absolutely truthful is probably the most relieving thing in this world.

"The truth will set you on fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oops! I feel like I just recieved a swift kick up the butt!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 74yrs • M •
goodbyeguy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
to thine own self be true but one must always let their desires be known to all parties concerned don't play the angles and don't people-please

"i'd rather feel like a million bucks and have only ten cents than to feel like ten cents and have a million bucks"
My dad
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy