You may be only one person in the world, but you may also be the world to one person - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Wyote: Blitzer's Bargain

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Going to be working on this for the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions along the way are welcome. I'll put the whole finished product in a post when it's done, but for now I'm just throwing in bits and pieces of ideas. It may be totally different when it's done.

Blitzer occupied the entirety of his side of the park bench, sprawling out each limb like a bear rug. It was a gray day in every sense of the word. He laid face down with his head peeking over the edge of the bench. He was having staring contests with ants as they marched by and had managed a fairly large winning streak.
"I just don't know," he spoke softly.
On the opposite side sat his long time pal and partner in crime, Ace. Ace was normally the quiet one but Blitzer was in odd form today, so Ace had been doing most of the talking. Ace peered over the bench looking toward Blitzer's dyed red hair.
"Well it's getting late and you need to make a decision," Ace was irritated.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
looking good

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 40yrs • M •
Blitzer directed his attention toward Ace for a moment, jerking his head and eyes toward the sky. He expected to see Ace's face but was instead blinded by the sun as it crept through the clouds. Moments like this made Blitzer quite confident he was somehow cursed.
“CRAM IT!” he yelled in frustration.
“Uhm, alright,” Ace was puzzled.
“Not you, the sun,” Blitzer spoke steadily. This confused Ace even more.
“Alright, help me think some more. If I agree...” Blitzer's words were drowned out by the sound of sirens coming from a nearby building. Ace glanced at his watch as they both reached in their backpaks and pulled out identical white pills. They placed them in their mouths and chewed without hesitation.

40yrs • M •
Ace choked for a moment. Blitzer threw his head Back in laughter.
"Idiot," he spoke seriously.
Ace paused for an instant, then began convulsing violently while dropping to the ground. Blitzer bent down in concern.
"You alright Ace?"
"Idiot," Ace smirked and stood up.
They both sat back down on their respective sides of the bench and there were a few minutes of silence shared before Blitzer felt the need to speak again.
"That Chemex will help me decide," Blitzer seemed confident.
"Yea, that stuff does wonders. That was the last of it so you better make up your mind soon, we can't keep Deumus waiting much longer you know."
"Alright, OK, yea...." Blitzer began drumming on the bench top.
"So, will she take clothes or CD's or anything on trade?" Blitzer tapped faster.
"She was pretty clear about what she wanted..."
"I know, I know. It's simple, I'll just do it. Just give her what she wants. That's all there is to it. That's it. God this stuff is amazing. Where is she? Let's go right now. She said she wouldn't stick around much past that last quake drill. Let's go." Blitzer darted up out of his seat.
"Focus man, you'll be stronger that way." Ace stood up slowly and put one hand on the bench seat. He flicked his wrist and the bench flipped over completely.
"See," Ace stared deep into Blitzer's eyes.
"Yea, alright," Blitzer clenched his fist and they began walking across a wide field of grass.
"We are so lucky. Where did you say you met Deumus?" Blitzer tried to pace is speech slowly.
"At Elk's Fountain, when I was out on a walk one night. I saw her taking Chemex and she flipped out. Almost killed me." Ace laughed.
"And how did she find Chemex?" Blitzer squinted.
"All she said was that it had been passed down in her family. She said she knew you though, and felt that under the right circumstances it could be shared with certain people." Ace spoke with confidence.
"She and I had some classes together last semester. I always thought she was a little off or something. Who knew, huh?" Blitzer said while struggling to hold composure.
They traveled across the grass into a wooded area and finally came to a giant man made fountain decorated with enormous antlers. Deumus was sitting on the edge of the fountain,. Her legs were crossed and she was reading a black book which had a silver ankh on the cover. Her hair traveled down slightly past her shoulders and was dyed half purple and half black.
Ace gestured to Blitzer to go toward her. Blitzer could not stand still for very long and after a moment found his legs moving toward her in an instinctual manner. As he approached she set her book aside, face down and open. She looked over his shoulder at Ace and smiled.
"uhm, HI!" Blitzer belted out.
"Good afternoon Blitzer," she said with a smile.
"Yes, yes it is," Blitzer twitched nervously.
"Made a decision have you? And so quickly too," she was sarcastic but gentle with her words.
Yes, yes. I'll do what you asked as long as you tell me how to make Chemex," Blitzer quickly became anxious.
"Good. Your tools are over there," she pointed to a box on the other side of the fountain. "There isn't much time. If Ace wants to help, he can." She winked at Ace.
Blitzer dove toward the box and ripped it open. Inside were several types of saws and two large shovels. He took out a saw and climbed the fountain like a monkey. Once he was at the top, he looked for the best cutting position to take down the most antlers at once. Ace grabbed a shovel, walked about a hundred feet away and began digging.
Deumus picked her book up and closed it. She left one white pill where she had been sitting, along with a note which read:

To Blitzer,

You'll be needing this.
Be back at sunrise.

*Deumus*

Blitzer and Ace worked for several hours. Blitzer would cut and Ace would bury and as the night went on they became slower and slower until finally Blitzer became limp as a rag doll. Suddenly he lost his footing at the top of the fountain and began to fall. His pant leg snagged on an antler as he was falling, which slowed him somewhat but he fell straight into the pool of water below anyway.
It was dark and cold and falling into the water made Blitzer's body shiver almost immediately. When he stood up and got his bearings, he limped and stumbled out of the water and began to shake even more uncontrollably.
Ace ran for the pill. He looked under the note, no pill in sight. He looked around the fountain, still no pill. He looked in the fountain...
"Ah HA!" he saw it at the bottom and quickly fished it out.
"Oh...uh... not good B, not good...." Ace was in a panic.
"What is it Ace?" Blitzer shuddered.
"The pill.... it's... smaller. I think it dissolved." Ace stared at the pill.

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
 40yrs • M •
Going to be working on this for the next couple of weeks. Any suggestions along the way are welcome. I'll put the whole finished product in a post when it's done, but for now I'm just throwing in bits and pieces of ideas. It may be totally different when it's done.

Blitzer occupied the entirety of his side of the park bench, sprawling out each limb like a bear rug. It was a gray day in every sense of the word. He laid face down with his head peeking over the edge of the bench. He was having staring contests with ants as they marched by and had managed a fairly large winning streak.
"I just don't know," he spoke softly.
On the opposite side sat his long time pal and partner in crime, Ace. Ace was normally the quiet one but Blitzer was in odd form today, so Ace had been doing most of the talking. Ace peered over the bench looking toward Blitzer's dyed red hair.
"Well it's getting late and you need to make a decision," Ace was irritated.Blitzer directed his attention toward Ace for a moment, jerking his head and eyes toward the sky. He expected to see Ace's face but was instead blinded by the sun as it crept through the clouds. Moments like this made Blitzer quite confident he was somehow cursed.
“CRAM IT!” he yelled in frustration.
“Uhm, alright,” Ace was puzzled.
“Not you, the sun,” Blitzer spoke steadily. This confused Ace even more.
“Alright, help me think some more. If I agree...” Blitzer's words were drowned out by the sound of sirens coming from a nearby building. Ace glanced at his watch as they both reached in their backpaks and pulled out identical white pills. They placed them in their mouths and chewed without hesitation.

Ace choked for a moment. Blitzer threw his head Back in laughter.
"Idiot," he spoke seriously.
Ace paused for an instant, then began convulsing violently while dropping to the ground. Blitzer bent down in concern.
"You alright Ace?"
"Idiot," Ace smirked and stood up.
They both sat back down on their respective sides of the bench and there were a few minutes of silence shared before Blitzer felt the need to speak again.
"That Chemex will help me decide," Blitzer seemed confident.
"Yea, that stuff does wonders. That was the last of it so you better make up your mind soon, we can't keep Deumus waiting much longer you know."
"Alright, OK, yea...." Blitzer began drumming on the bench top.
"So, will she take clothes or CD's or anything on trade?" Blitzer tapped faster.
"She was pretty clear about what she wanted..."
"I know, I know. It's simple, I'll just do it. Just give her what she wants. That's all there is to it. That's it. God this stuff is amazing. Where is she? Let's go right now. She said she wouldn't stick around much past that last quake drill. Let's go." Blitzer darted up out of his seat.
"Focus man, you'll be stronger that way." Ace stood up slowly and put one hand on the bench seat. He flicked his wrist and the bench flipped over completely.
"See," Ace stared deep into Blitzer's eyes.
"Yea, alright," Blitzer clenched his fist and they began walking across a wide field of grass.
"We are so lucky. Where did you say you met Deumus?" Blitzer tried to pace is speech slowly.
"At Elk's Fountain, when I was out on a walk one night. I saw her taking Chemex and she flipped out. Almost killed me." Ace laughed.
"And how did she find Chemex?" Blitzer squinted.
"All she said was that it had been passed down in her family. She said she knew you though, and felt that under the right circumstances it could be shared with certain people." Ace spoke with confidence.
"She and I had some classes together last semester. I always thought she was a little off or something. Who knew, huh?" Blitzer said while struggling to hold composure.
They traveled across the grass into a wooded area and finally came to a giant man made fountain decorated with enormous antlers. Deumus was sitting on the edge of the fountain,. Her legs were crossed and she was reading a black book which had a silver ankh on the cover. Her hair traveled down slightly past her shoulders and was dyed half purple and half black.
Ace gestured to Blitzer to go toward her. Blitzer could not stand still for very long and after a moment found his legs moving toward her in an instinctual manner. As he approached she set her book aside, face down and open. She looked over his shoulder at Ace and smiled.
"uhm, HI!" Blitzer belted out.
"Good afternoon Blitzer," she said with a smile.
"Yes, yes it is," Blitzer twitched nervously.
"Made a decision have you? And so quickly too," she was sarcastic but gentle with her words.
Yes, yes. I'll do what you asked as long as you tell me how to make Chemex," Blitzer quickly became anxious.
"Good. Your tools are over there," she pointed to a box on the other side of the fountain. "There isn't much time. If Ace wants to help, he can." She winked at Ace.
Blitzer dove toward the box and ripped it open. Inside were several types of saws and two large shovels. He took out a saw and climbed the fountain like a monkey. Once he was at the top, he looked for the best cutting position to take down the most antlers at once. Ace grabbed a shovel, walked about a hundred feet away and began digging.
Deumus picked her book up and closed it. She left one white pill where she had been sitting, along with a note which read:

To Blitzer,

You'll be needing this.
Be back at sunrise.

*Deumus*

Blitzer and Ace worked for several hours. Blitzer would cut and Ace would bury and as the night went on they became slower and slower until finally Blitzer became limp as a rag doll. Suddenly he lost his footing at the top of the fountain and began to fall. His pant leg snagged on an antler as he was falling, which slowed him somewhat but he fell straight into the pool of water below anyway.
It was dark and cold and falling into the water made Blitzer's body shiver almost immediately. When he stood up and got his bearings, he limped and stumbled out of the water and began to shake even more uncontrollably.
Ace ran for the pill. He looked under the note, no pill in sight. He looked around the fountain, still no pill. He looked in the fountain...
"Ah HA!" he saw it at the bottom and quickly fished it out.
"Oh...uh... not good B, not good...." Ace was in a panic.
"What is it Ace?" Blitzer shuddered.
"The pill.... it's... smaller. I think it dissolved." Ace stared at the pill.

The sun's light could be seen on the horizon now and they both knew time was running short. Ace gave Blitzer the pill and he placed it on his tongue. Blitzer cupped his hands and pulled water out from the fountain and drank it to help swallow the pill. Blitzer lay silent for a moment and then began to jerk is body around violently.
"Oh god, are you alright?" Ace was terrified.
"Idiot," Blitzer smirked.
Blitzer jumped up as if nothing had happened to him and tore down the rest of the antlers within a few minutes. They both began digging and burying as the sun crept up over the horizon.
Ace felt a tap on his shoulder and swung around preparing for the worst. It was Deumus. She looked deep in his eyes, not blinking a single time.
"I see you've done what I asked. Very good." she said.
She handed Ace a small black velvet back full of Chemex.
"Just ask for more when you run out," she smiled slightly.
Ace put the bag in his pocket and signaled to Blitzer that he was leaving. Deumus sat by the fountain and pulled out a book and began reading as she always did.
"Don't tell anyone," Deumus hollered to them as they disappeared through some nearby trees.
"We wont," they yelled back.
"Idiot," Ace shoved Blitzer and ran toward home.

End Part 1

[  Edited by Wyote at   ]
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy