With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. - Max Ehrmann
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

When I Go Out

User Thread
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Praetor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I Go Out
When I Go Out
I play in the street.
Knocked off my feet,
By the angry man's clout.

I play in the street,
I get hit by cars.
Angry puts us behind bars,
Will angry be beat?

It isn't easy, decadence.
Always the poor,
"Let angry fight the war."
From behind the fence.

Attempting with fear,
Today angry pilots.
You want riots?
Wear your riot gear.

It'll never finish, this bout.
Angry says keep the path,
Feeds us lies from the tablecloth,
When I go out.

Days go by and by
When I go out.
Feeling angry's clout,
Live and let die?

I get hit by cars
When I play in the street,
Knocks all off their feet,
Still under bars.

When I go out.

"What's the point in not conforming, if it changes you?"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Praetor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here's the stuff I had in mind as I was writing this.

When I go out â€' Trying to do something in life, meaning to make a difference, or at least an impact on others

I play in the street â€' Specific attempts at trying to make a difference

Knocked off my feet By the angry man's clout â€' Knocked off my feet is basically being shut down, being overruled as if our opinion doesn't make a difference. Clout, being literally a slap, is what it feels like to have this reaction to your attempts at making a difference. Angry man, would be the government.

I play in the street and get hit by cars â€' cars being people of more influence, mainly politicians and people with large amounts of money.

Angry puts us behind bars â€' Not in the sense of being put in jail, but rather the same idea as a “glass ceiling,” allowing the common man to rise only so high with the value of his opinion.

Still off our feet â€' We are already off tilt when we get knocked down, and being put “behind bars” only helps to strengthen that fact

It isn't easy, decadence â€' A reference to how, by fighting the war in Iraq, most people think we are doing nothing but ruining this country's image, and on top of that, people are dying needlessly.

Always the poor, “Let angry fight the war” â€' Two things, one, this line is a reference to the song BYOB by System of a Down when they say “Why do they always send the poor, why don't Presidents fight the war?” Basically, the president is sending someone else to do his dirty work not only in Iraq, but other middle eastern countries as well. Poor doesn't mean poor in the monetary sense, it's poor as in, deprived of a real say in what happens

From behind our fence â€' is the same idea as the bars and glass ceiling

Attempting with fear â€' Need anything else be explained? We are attempting to control other countries by making them afraid of us, as is show by our military presence pretty much everywhere in the world, not just the middle east. Germany doesn't want our troops there, I'm sure Japan doesn't, and if you were in charge of a nation, would you really want troops from the “most powerful” nation in the world stationed there?

Today angry pilot's â€' angry is personified as being the government, who is piloting, or directing, our courses of action.

You want riots? Wear your riot gear. â€' The government seems to basically be asking for trouble, so the point is basically if they really do want trouble, they had better be ready for it.

It'll never finish, this bout â€' Iraq = Vietnam.

Angry says keep the path â€' George W's favorite saying, “Stay the course.”

Feeds us lies from the tablecloth, when I go out â€' Every time we try to really figure out what's truly going on, we get an answer that doesn't answer our questions, but only makes the government feel more secure about what they're doing.

Days go by and by when I go out â€' Try to go out and find answers, and it will take you days.

Feeling angry's lingering clout â€' No matter what they say to us, we'll still feel the slap of being pushed down, our opinions and ideas being suppressed.

Live and let die? â€' Do they really expect us to be content sitting quietly over here while thousands of people, not just US soldiers, are dying in the middle east because of this “war” in Vietn… Iraq?

I get hit by cars â€' Same as previously mentioned

When I play in the street â€' Trying to make a difference… and it not working.

Knocks us off our feet â€' Same as above

Still under our bars â€' Another glass ceiling idea, but this time being forced into taking ownership of it, as a lifer takes ownership of his cell in a prison.

When we go out.

"What's the point in not conforming, if it changes you?"
When I Go Out
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy