Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Chicks - Page 2

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow. reading the last comment really opened my eyes to how much girls jump to baseless conclusions about men on the basis of a few scattered examples that confirm the stereotypes they've grown up with. lol sorry but generalisation much? I can't see how you read that in to this thread. In fact this thread seems so vague to me I'm not even sure exactly what situation we are taking about except for Wyote being annoyed with some sort of unspecified relationship issue which he blames on the female sex as a whole.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Does this all seem vague? I do apologize. That was a highly unexpected response to this thread though.

I think my personal perspective and relations with people is a little ass backward from the rest of the world. I see women in the media being treated like shit but guys that I surround myself with don't make a habit of treating women poorly. So, sometimes it is difficult for me to even believe that men actually behave in such deplorable ways. I am more directly affected by how women have treated me and my fellow kin... which over the years has turned out to be just as bad, if not worse than what I see men doing to women on the television.

The past few years have been very eye opening for me. I have become more aware of and have personally witnessed terrible emotional and physical attrocties from both male and female friends, acquantinces and lovers. This has created some sense of balance of the sexes in my mind, but as I stated before I am and have been more directly affected by the negative actions of women than I have of men.

I have always tried to believe that each sex, though uniquely different, is essentially equal and balanced. A more conscious way of looking at things however, is to view humans as a whole. We are all one, we all share similar needs and wants. Decius' advice is extremely useful in that when you see who a person is without all of their layers of bullshit; gender, race, economic standing... they all become irrelevant.

*Many men become bitter and angry at women over the years. I was hoping to relate to others in similar situations by making this thread. Lots of women become bitter and angry at men as well. I wanted to create this discussion for others to see and learn that it's ok to be frustrated at times about this sort of thing and to be able to come here as reminder of possible solutions to the problem, of which Decius gave the perfect one in my humble opinion. I thought this would have ended after his response in fact, but I'm pleased that many others have taken an interest.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wyote, I hope I didn't offend you, I've just read your post above me and think I completely misread the whole thing. Maybe it was Decius' response that pissed me off, for some reason he seems to often make me mad (which isn't like me - I don't normally fly off the handle at stuff like this.) You actually seem like a pretty genuine guy, and I hope you find your soul mate.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
Chicks - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy