There's something about death that is comforting, the thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now - beeyutch19
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Logical Separation…

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Logical Separation…
This should be a quick one…

One often separates the mind from the body… Is this correct?

(What is meant is that the two parts (mind and body) are performing such different functions that they are considered to be working independently. This is opposed to the idea that the whole body works as a unit in every sense at all times…)

If correct, should we logically separate different parts of the head or body from each other?…

To answer this you may need to consider that one system is made up of two or more independent parts… (in the sense that the independence is functional, but there may be room for dependence on the other parts of the system in question)

"There is no negative one..."
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Seperating mind from body is not a normal thing though. Its nto supposed to happen, so you'r enot supposed to litterally seperate them either... is that what you meant?

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
they appear to be working independently.

as far as I know, I'm not sure the mind can function with out the body, and the body cannot function without the mind.

but why would you want to do that in the first place?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess the logical separation made is that the brain thinks and the body moves…
Can you explain what would be the opposite, where the body can think and the brain can move?

I also understand that the two need each other and work as one, however we know which messages to send to the brain and which to the body…

In that we do send different messages to the brain and body, do we actually make more divisions than that? As in, do we send special messages to certain areas that we would not send to others?

The reason you would separate the two (the brain and body) or make other distinguishing separations throughout more specific parts of the body becomes clear. That reason being involved with understanding and working with special messages to certain areas…

Surely we don't use the exact same neurotransmitter, prepared in exactly the same way, to two different body parts…
Surely we understand different body parts differently…
The main purpose in working on this topic is to understand the logical separations we make to understand the different parts of the body in regards to each other…
The best example that can be given is that of the logical separation of the brain and body…

Did that explain things a bit better? (as I understand the use of the word ‘mind' in place of the word ‘brain' can get confusing)

"There is no negative one..."
Logical Separation…
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy