Keep your head up and your eyes forward... The hell with yesterday! - sweetpea3295
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Multiple personality disorder; Disorder or defense mechanism

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have recently read about multiple personality disorder, and have began to wonder about this one qustion. Is it a disorder? or a defense mechanism. Most cases of multiple personality disorder develop from some trauma, such as the death fo a person, or being rapped at a young age. This is what leads to my question of, could this be a defense mechanism. This dose somewhat relate to Freud's theory of the superego, ego, and id. Perhaps this is the Superego's trump card. THe other side of it being a disorder, that a persons personality dose not work like it is supposed to, or something goes wrong in the brain.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can tell you from experience, it's not really something you want to have. In my case, Most of the time I will be the most calm, collected, and loving person you could ever meet, but the second I see a girl being treated wrong by a guy, under any circumstances, my mind just feels like it snaps and I become very physically hostile wanting to just tear the guy apart in the worst way possible. this of course derived from a child hood experience.

I don't really see it as a disorder though, it's really just a conditioned stimulus that triggers a deep rooted conditioned response.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy