Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The Two Clocks…

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The Two Clocks…
The Two Clocks… and A Spin on the Concept (the Idea of the ‘Process' Over ‘Time')…

I can't remember where this concept originally comes from. It was definitely from one of those introduction to philosophy books which, I reckon, are pretty helpful…

The rough idea was that two separate entities would run independently on their own clocks…
This is to imply that each entity is regulated by it's very own clock, rather than being influenced by a one, greater clock… At least that's how I remember the concept…

Now as you're probably beginning to imagine (or remember, if you've seen this one before) the kind of implications this may have…
One of the main ideas related to this concept is, that, we all have our own clocks running independently of each other, with perhaps more than one clock per person, to regulate all the different actions we perform…

Another idea I came across is that a clock has a lot to do with co-ordination…

At this point I think I should introduce the next idea. This is one I came up with myself, but may already be known to you…
That is the idea of ‘Process' over ‘Time'. Basically, to begin with what I mean by process over time, is that, instead of there being a definite when things may of occurred, there is a where…
Consider the big picture here, that instead of there being a when the Universe began, there is a where, i.e. At the beginning of the process of what we know as ‘Time', perhaps better termed here as ‘Existence'…
After knowing where things began, you can start to consider the end, simply being the end result of the product of the process of existence…
Perhaps we live the process but once, maybe many times…

Once you start thinking about the idea of process, one main thought appears, that perhaps the world is so predestined that there is only one possible existence, and only one possible process…
If this is true, then existence may be know simply by what ‘is'…

But there's more to this two clocks idea…
- What is a clock? Do things change much when you use it to gauge a process rather than to keep track of time?
- What is time? Instead of at that time, the idea related to the process is ‘at that part'.
- Where is it helpful to consider things as ‘time' and at other times ‘process'? They are very much interchangeable, but to get the idea across by emphasising certain ideas, one may be preferable.
- With preparation, time is ‘counted in' and process is simply ‘readied'.
- What about ‘timing? For the process, we consider order of events, for time, we consider amounts of time.
- Where do the two ideas meet? Well one place is in numbers themselves.
- Then and there? Then is associated with time, whereas there is more associated with process. (When you consider order of events)
- How do we measure time, and process? Time is mostly recorded in clocks, whereas the process is recorded mostly with gauges. Understand that clocks and gauges perform very similar functions, they are just viewed with different purposes in mind. Also note that clocks complete a cyclic style of path, whereas gauges tend to oscillate.
- How do the ideas of time and process affect the body? One important thing is to note that co-ordination had a lot to do with time and process. From mental ideas like timing, rhythm, pacing, relation to frequencies, speeds, to actual faculties like breathing, heartbeat, general body movement, expression, perception and memory. Basically everything we know is somehow related to the idea of time or that of process, in one way or another.
- Also time is seen as the fourth dimension, however the idea of process is much within the contortions of the first three dimensions. This would suggest that there may only be three dimensions, as the element of time is only a relative thing, in some ways it may or may not exist…

"There is no negative one..."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Scarecrow is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Time has been seen for a while now to not be "one, greater clock" as time is created by the gravity and speed of an object. Many of the concepts of where time comes from is in part answered but the string theory. Though it is truly only a very flexible supposition, several versions of it support an existence of dimensions created by pure energy strings and their resonating creating the vast laws of our and possibly infinite other universes.
Here is a quote from Brian Greene and I recommend reading his book or anything else on physics you can find.
"the combined speed of any object's motion through space and it's motion though time is always precisely equal to the speed of light."

-http://nimbleit.squarespace.com/the-blog/2006/11/14/why-time-slows-whe
n-approaching-the-speed-of-light-a-simple-explanation.html

"Everything we say is a lie no matter how useful it can be."
The Two Clocks…
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy