Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Knowledge and Awareness

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Knowledge and Awareness
What's the difference between knowing and being aware? If you are aware of something, does that mean you know it?

From what I understand, knowing something is being acquainted with the facts and details, whereas being aware refers more to have a general understanding.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What is the difference between knowledge and awareness?

One thing you need to appreciate is that knowledge and awareness enhance each other…
A greatly progressed element of knowledge would require a greatly progressed element of awareness, and vice versa…

However that is not to say they are not different things. As, in fact, they are…
Knowledge really depends on long term memory, whereas awareness depends on short term memory…
Knowledge and long term memory are linked as knowledge requires something to be timeless, and based on things that have always been, and always will be…
Awareness depends on short term memory as it involves ascertaining what is happening in the very moment, and based on how things currently relate (to the body or mind)…

I think if you loosely defined the two (knowledge and awareness) you may find that they are incredibly similar, whereas if you look closer and defined things more clearly, you will see the difference…

In closing, it does depend how you define the two…
As awareness can be what Attolia calls “General Understanding”, whereas I have come from the angle of the kind of awareness attributed to taking notice of things…
Knowledge can more closely relate to general understanding than it can to taking notice of things…
I think depending on your definitions, the two can appear closer, or more different…

"There is no negative one..."
Knowledge and Awareness
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy