Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I wish he was here

User Thread
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wish he was here
me and my bf have known eachother for a year and been going out for 9 months I Love Him So Much its unbelievable... my mum and freinds and his mum and family think were stupid and immature and the only one who i can talk to Rob about is my Nan because she likes Rob and she's happy for me. My mum wont let me go to Canada because she thinks he's gonna kill me hahaha because even though ive talked to him like everyday for a year and sat through endless arguements with his mum that lasts hours and hours....hes acting it all.... its all fake to trick me... but anyhoo... we're trying to get him a Job Visa as soon as possible but its harder then we thing.. he doesnt have a job because he lives in a bad area that doesnt have many options... and hes on welfare so hes wanting to talk to his welfare helper but she hasnt got back to him yet. i just wish he was here... i really miss him when im not talking to him I Love Him so much i just wish i could hold him in my arms forever and never let him go.... im not really looking for an answer...i just felt like ranting.

Noodles

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I had a friend very much in your situation, only she was engaged to him. She basically kept the whole thing a secret from her family as she thought they wouldn't understand her getting engaged to an ex BF who left her as a teen to go over seas with his parents. I do believe long distance relationships can work but if it's gona work you both have to treat this as a long term thing. Its amazing how persistence and time can change the minds. Even of parents and government officials.

32yrs • F
oh we are engaged... and im gonna be with him forever I Love Him till the end of time and nothing will change that i just wish he could get here or i could go there...my grandparents were fine with me going to canada but my mum isnt.... and you cant change her mind...she thinks im too young to love...

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
parents have a bad habbit of that i notice. My parents having constantly been telling me throught my relationship that it's all very nice but not to get too serious about it, I understand why, for most people they don't meet their soulmate or whatever aged 16. However sometimes it does seem like they presume that it can never happen and any relationship started before the age of 20 is doomed to failure.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 42yrs • M •
Actually I think a lot of people do, in a sense, meet their soul mate quite young. Are you familiar with the site friends reunited? Believe it or not it's broken up fair share of marriages. People tend to run in to their teenage sweethearts and rekindle old flames that never really died. For a lot of them it was just that the were at an age where circumstances seem to have more control of their lives than they do and said circumstances just pulled them apart from their sweethearts. I can't tell you, statistically, how many of these young marriages survive but my general impression is that those that last through the 1st turbulent period tend to go on to be very happy and stable. I think ones 1st passionate love affair, especially if that is in ones youth, can have a lasting impression on ones life that can sometimes overshadow subsequent relationships.

Unfortunately what your parents think is a problem. Especially if you have ambitions of marriage. My understanding is you need parental permission to marry at 16 and even that is a little time away. If your parents are stubborn it could be over 2 years before you are able to 'tie the knot'. lol unless you want to go find the international equivalent of Gretna green.

32yrs • F
yeah my mums not ever gonna let me marry at 16 but it still doesnt stop me...nothing gets in my way.. i will marry him whether she likes it or not and she doesnt like it so its hard luck on her that she can't just be happy for me so w.e all that matters is what I think and what Rob thinks because its just us in our relationship and I Love Him and he Loves Me...thats all that matters

42yrs • M •
lol in the olden days couples as young as 12 (girls)and 14 (boys) would make a dash for the Scottish border where they needed no permission to marry and weddings could be conducted in a legal yet informal manor by almost any one provided there were reliable witnesses willing to witness the marriage.

Later such ceremonies ceased to be legal but people still eloped on the basis that once the dead was done legal or not it was very hard for parents to refuse consent retrospectively. I'm sure such things still go on but I imagine the parties have to travel a little further than Gretna green. The easiest thing might simply to wear your mother down on the matter. If you could get your boy friend over there for a visit even it would reassure her. Once you've met some one in the flesh it's generally quite hard to think of them as a serial killer in waiting.

Work visas are really irrelevant if you're sure you want to marry him. Once your legally married the spousal laws on marriage and immigration should more or less guarantee him residency etc. They're a bit complicated but with time and persistence it shouldn't be an issue.

32yrs • F

[  Edited by xloobyloox at   ]
 42yrs • M •
quote:
believe me ... i know more about the situation then a pro... lol i know about the marriage laws and so on so don't you worry on that one...sorry i sound sarcastic im in a bad mood.

If you were a Canadian citizen you could marry him at your present age if you could persuade a judge. Also Yemen and Iran would allow marriage at your age. lol I don't think any one truly knows how things work when laws cross borders. Suppose you travel to a nation where the age of majority is lower than your age? The questions that kick in when there is a disparity in the age limits between different provinces are torturous and largely untested in law.

37yrs • F •
parrill2006 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I was in your situation myself i got the fuck beat out of me and no one would help me i'm a mom myself i know where you mom is comming from ok

"whats up"
I wish he was here
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy