Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction. - Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

so where's the girl stuff? - Page 3

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
just to clear this up slightly, if you were suffering from some kind of impotency, you would be more happy talking about the causesof it with your female friends than your male friends? (okay mayb bad example i dont think most poeple would happily tell their male friends cos its the kind of thing guys would likely take the piss of) but if i had to talk to anyone about it, i think i would talk to a closer male friend than female friend, becasue while the girl can sympathise, the guy does have a deeper understanding of what it would be like for that to be the case.

or possibly in another case, if you were having wet dreams when you were younger would you have happily told some of your platonic female friends?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CodeWarrior is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'd have been more likly to talk that stuff over with a female friend yes, especialy my present set of friends. I prefer female doctors too not that I've had much exprence of doctors period.

32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
doctors are pervs

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 41yrs • M •
^ care to elaborate miss enigmatic?

36yrs • M •
i think she is suggesting that anyone who spends their time investigating someone ele's body for a living must be a bit weird, especially gynaecologists.

I think you are unusal in your views codewarrior, most people do tend to prefer discussing gender specific problems with people of the same gender (except in the case of long standing partners), possibly partly because of embarassment and partly because there is the potential that you can put of a potential partner (or realtively new partner) by dicussing the less atractive function of your body (though not necessarily at a conscious level aware of this reason at the time). Do you think most guys would be attracted to a girl who randomly started talking to them about period problems when they'd only known them for a while? and would you talk to a girl you liked about any specifically male problems you had? i am aware this doesn't hold for platonic friendships, but there is still a subconscious part that makes you treat all members of the opposite sex differently.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 41yrs • M •
Lol. I think gynaecology's is fascinating, it's quite an amazing bit of kit girls have down there. Not as interesting as neurology or molecular biology but still fascinating. I mean if you have to have some touch you sexual parts do you want it to be an attractive, comforting member of the opposite sex trying to make you comfortable or a member of the same sex who is stone faced and business like and wants to get on as if you're not there. To me it's quite obvious. Plus if some one touches you in a sexual place you're going to get a sexual response. If I had to have an erection when a doctor handles me I'd rather it was a pretty girl. I don't get why so many girls seem to have such a strong preference for women doctors.

As for me I've always been more comfortable with my body around women than men. One of the things I actually find a huge turn off in a girl is after I've got to know her a bit if I seem to hit a glass ceiling in the friendship zone. When it's clear that they are never going to be as comfortable with you as a friend as their close, usually female, friends it more or less kills any romance.

As for you last question it's been so long since there was a girl I real liked it's hard to answer. There are a few friends I flirt with and find physically attractive but this is strictly platonic flirtation and we all know it's just for fun. These girls I do talk about personal 'men things' but this doesn't count as I rarely see some of them and a few not at all as we are online friends.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it would be great if we could talk about everything on this site and in fact I think it is pretty much like that already, I go in the guys stuff and I think it would be ok for guys to pop in on the girls stuff, just handy to have a specific place to word certain things in. Great disscusion guys thanks!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
i think the guy have already somewhat invaded the girls stuff section, u just can't get rid of us .

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

quote:
Hmmm. girls that think you can't talk about those things with boys iritate me no end. Some of the better times I've had have been talking over those sorts of things with female friends who felt comfortable (or at least more comfortable than most) talking to me about those things. lol if you do set up a forum for girls I may feel the need to invade it.

I like you more and more all the time...

What a delightfully unusual young guy you are CD!!

I honestly didnt know they made men like you out there.
Until now, I thought they were just fictional...

You are delightful! so please visit girly world more often!

41yrs • M •
er thanks. [blushes].

36yrs • M •
i think you've embarrassed him chiron.

I think you'd find there are a reasonable number of guys who are as happy or happier talking to girls than other guys (mayb not about quite as much as CD). Quite a few guys my age seem to have more platonic(ish its not unusual for them to have some interest in at least one friend) female friends, though i think guys in general are becoming a bit more open about talking about things.

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
please don't get me wrong I don't think there's anything wrong with girls talking to guys, but not all girls will feel comfortable doing so. On here its not so bad because you can't see the person on the other end, but having a female/male option covers all personalities.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M •
i think your right there, while it would be nice if everyone could be open with either gender you do have to cater for those who aren't happy to.

It's strange how people are more willing to talk to people all over the internet than their closest friends. There are probably people on here who would discuss their darkest secret on here but never mention it in the real world.

41yrs • M •
Sorry to say that's kind of what irritates me. That lots of girls aren't comfortable with me just because I'm a man. Under similar circumstances were I a woman they might be but for many the fact that I'm a man is what makes them uncomfortable. I kind of find that, well if not offensive then upsetting. It's quite small minded in my view to make that kind of judgement about some one based on they gender. Just as much as if they make that assessment of race or age. Sadly at the end of the day if people do chose to think that way there's not much you can do but challenge their preconceptions.

Personally I recall the recent kurfufel they had over introducing a bill to make it illegal to with hold services on the grounds of sexual orientation. Just think if they passed such a bill for gender. It would be the end of all women car insurance agencies. The end of ladies night at the pub. A young man could walk in to a beauty salon or women's health farm and demand service. It would be the end of all women events such as ann summers parties and largely I don't think any of that would be so bad. I'm not saying that peoples, and particularly women's, personal comfort is unimportant or that the would needs a bunch of equality nazis going around closing all single sex establishments but really this is the 21st centenary. I think it would be good for society to encourage women to open up their 'girly worlds' to men the same way men have opened up traditionally masculine worlds such as industry, academia and military service.

36yrs • M •
It is quite amazing how women have managed to push into the previously male dominated sectors while giving little or no ground themselves (though whether is through lack of asking or offering I'm not sure). However the fact remains that sexism has become acceptable so long as it is aimed at men (in much the same way that a black person can dislike white people on principle without being a racist). The "equality nazi's" as CD called them have long been doing an overzealous job, they have attempted to bring equality by helping out the "oppressed minorities2 (not that women are a minority) but after all the previous "oppressors" are left tiptoeing through a PC minefield while those who have been given equality can say pretty much what they want.

It would be an interesting idea to have a world without gender specific services, however I find it unlikely that such a bill would ever be passed (not that I think you expect it either), and even if it were many of the things would not stop, they would find loop-holes to get through etc. I'm sure for ladies night etc they would have some loop-hole allowing it as long as it was not a permanent fixture. It's ironic that writing this i see very little that men would be set to lose if there were no gender specific services.

but much as i'd like to continue this little essay i have a lecture i should be in.

so where's the girl stuff? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy