Life is good once you know how to master the enigma, which is known as the Internet. - pepeje2k1
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Okay...Why should I Fear God? - Page 3

User Thread
 32yrs • M •
Godblessyou is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To fear God is more a sense of respect rather than to be afraid. But you must realize that it is God who giveth and taketh away. Today you could be living large, and tomorrow, God could pull the carpet right out from under your feet. God is loving and just, but that doesn't meen that doesn't meen he will just let you slide on by. You can't just go on not believing. I know that I am not doing what you asked, but it is narrowed minded people like you, that make it a lot harder to witness. If you didn't want to hear about Jesus, then you posted stuff in the wrong place. When you come on a religion chat room, and expect for no one to talk to you abouth Jesus, then you must be as stupid and arrogant as a mormon. I'm sorry if i seem crass, but it's people like you that make it hard to say the pledge of alleigance. It's people like you that make those starting out fresh in the faith, cower in fear, and lose the flame. It's people like you who Make it so no one can talk about religion in school without getting into trouble for offending someone else. If people like you could just be more accepting, toughen up and stick up for what you believe, then we who are saved would have it a lot better. God Bless YOU!

"It could be worse. I could be a mormon."
 32yrs • F
A CTL of 1 means that xloobyloox is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
To fear God is more a sense of respect rather than to be afraid. But you must realize that it is God who giveth and taketh away. Today you could be living large, and tomorrow, God could pull the carpet right out from under your feet

why would he do that to someone that lives a good life? Shouldn't he just punish the bad? Why do the good need to live in fear?

and are you talking to me about the Jesus thing... im not saying anything yet but if so...then....tell me

"Why kill the bumblebee when your the pain in the ass?"
 32yrs • F
and sorry i dont know if you are talking to me but with you saying that to whoever, to be more accepting of religions and beliefs....you are really being a hypocrit...hense the name quote of....'It could be worse, I could be a mormon.'

mhm you really sound fair with every religion.

and with the jesus thing... i think you are talking to me ...so ...listen

i wanted to know why people feared god, nothing to do with jesus i respect the fact that people believe in jesus but thats not what im asking. i talk about jesus ALOT in other threads...check out the Q.A and other religion boards before accusing me of things like...

quote:
I'm sorry if i seem crass, but it's people like you that make it hard to say the pledge of alleigance. It's people like you that make those starting out fresh in the faith, cower in fear, and lose the flame. It's people like you who Make it so no one can talk about religion in school without getting into trouble for offending someone else. If people like you could just be more accepting, toughen up and stick up for what you believe, then we who are saved would have it a lot better

sorry... but shut the fuck up.

dont point me out as a singular

what the fuck do you mean 'people like me' i am not a set of people.

Fact is...you don't know me and i've never shared a thread with you so don't think you can accuse me of things...

Hint. don't be stupid

Listen:

Hi my names Jenn and i believe in God NOT in jesus. I respect other peoples beliefs and i dont have a religion

and oh BTW....this isnt a religion chat room

this is captain cynic...

SPEAK YOUR MIND STUPID!

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
If people like you could just be more accepting, toughen up and stick up for what you believe, then we who are saved would have it a lot better. God Bless YOU!

Ooooh, yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck YUCK!!!!
I LOATH your crappy, fear-based, insecure, punitive mind set.

Don't flatter yourself, you haven't offended me one little bit. I just want to reflect some of yourself back to you, that's all.
YUCK!

32yrs • F
OH she was talking to you
??? lol

68yrs • F •
Oh, and the above message wasnt meant for you xloobyloox.
I stand behind you 100%...

32yrs • F
thats ok then i can speak for us both lol

36yrs • M •
Piddle1234 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i fear no god and care not about the mysteries of my creation and where I will end up

""All god's invited except jahova, 'cause hes a douche" -Dan the Man"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well said, well said.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
piddle 1234, that is very sad! Plus I'm not sure if I believe you. I think everyone at some point in their life wonders about the bigger picture.

As for the other young twat who used the devil icon at the end of his post and obviously thinks he is a Christian, BULL! You are not a Christian to talk to people like that !

Also all that pledging a legence stuff... I'm not American, I'm British - and you to me come across as a typical closed mind American who thinks you are the only person who matters in the entire world - open up your mind just a tiny weeny bit and you would see that Jesus Christ believed you should walk alongside your felllow man, not cross the other side of the street, and certainly not kick him when he's down!!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 32yrs • F
well said about the stupid dude...

38yrs • M •
The Begining is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i am not the master of my destiny

lets get out of the Philosophical bull shit and realize that we have no control over what is going to happen to us next week or right now.

im sorry for being so forcefull but i watched some of the best and brghtest at virgina tech (on television i was not there) die and i think we all need to stop pushing that Garbage.
they had goals they had dreams they had girlfriends and some even had kids and they all thought to themselves im going to work hard do my best and then get wasted by some screwball before finals and my life would be better the life of my kids would be better and i would feel good becuase i left a legacy of positive thinking.

bullshit!

we should fear God because somebody is going to pay for all the crap in the world.

And God is holding the bill

"But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, 'God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sanity101 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It depends on your defenition of god.
I believe "God" Is everything From the smallest tree to the biggest mountain. And We as "Self-Aware" persons Are god Conciouss you know. Be afraid of god just as much you are of your neighbor. And lets not get fear and respect confused here They are different. RESPECT LIFE- RESPECT GOD .. dont fear it. I KNOW we make our own destiny. Those people who died could have Rebeled against the Armed man. They could Have! But they were afraid. And im not downing them That is a rational human emmotion. But they dident rebeal. They died as hostages. You Go out How you choose.

FEAR NOTHING LIVE for SOMETHING!

68yrs • F •
I can see you are angry (and who hasn't been there), but I am wondering why it is that when bad things happen we all tend to think that this is a sign of the worst things being the truest and most worthy of our attention?

And then conversely when good things happen we often doubt and distrust them "I just cant believe this" we say. And if crappy things happen its like "Yeah, well this is life and I just knew it"

I don't criticize you for feeling the way you do, but can you see your tendency to validate your negativity by using some outside event? On every day that there is something awful happening there is also something wonderful happening, but we are all so inclined to give the awful stuff our full attention.

Perhaps we have all become so habituated by Fear? I think so. Which is precisely why you should not fear God. God is the opposite of fear and does not exist within it.

quote:
i am not the master of my destiny

And this is the saddest declaration of your self-imprisonment.
You might just as well wear a T-shirt with "I am your slave - use me, abuse me, I don't care".

Cheer up, I promise you this: you have been lied to, and have been persuaded that you should give you power away to others more able to 'control your destiny'. Its bullshit. Don't swallow it.
Say to yourself every day in every way "I am in control of my own destiny" and then seize the day!

68yrs • F •
quote:
It depends on your defenition of god.
I believe "God" Is everything From the smallest tree to the biggest mountain. And We as "Self-Aware" persons Are god Conciouss you know. Be afraid of god just as much you are of your neighbor. And lets not get fear and respect confused here They are different. RESPECT LIFE- RESPECT GOD .. dont fear it. I KNOW we make our own destiny. Those people who died could have Rebeled against the Armed man. They could Have! But they were afraid. And im not downing them That is a rational human emmotion. But they dident rebeal. They died as hostages. You Go out How you choose.

FEAR NOTHING LIVE for SOMETHING!

oooh, well said!
And only 16yrs old? I love your enlightened energy and wish more will be like you in this world...

Okay...Why should I Fear God? - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy