Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Eye to Eye, Ear to Ear… and Pointing the Way…

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When you look someone in the eyes, at the same time you consider what they are looking at…
Again at the same time, you are probably considering hearing what they are hearing, smelling what they are smelling, and so on…
You do this to, and also because of, the ability to associate with the other person. So as to try and see through their eyes, hear through their ears, etc.
One thing that may be able to be achieved through this is to be able to think what other people are thinking, and thus address the situation properly.

Another thing that relates to this is how if you copy someone else's actions, especially their eye movements, you may be able to associate with that person and put yourself in their place…
This is done through the posture pointing the way as such, and is something that is part of communication generally (where the actions of someone are copied, and from the postures involved the point is brought over).
To exercise this try repeating what someone else has said and see if that helps you understand where they were coming from.
Then, try understanding where someone else is coming from without repeating anything they have said or done.
You should find that your memory of what has been said or done makes less sense than normal, as it is seen without context, you don't know what cues to take to understand their positions and movements.

This idea relates to another idea brought up in a previous thread, where each cell in a body keeps up with the rest of the cells in that body (memory-wise)…
<http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/69346/keeping-up-my-cell-to-your
-cell.htm>
Once you read the post, you may understand why the ideas may link well together…

To close, the ultimate goal of reading another person may be to synergise yourself with them, in order to appreciate, co-operate and grow together…

Let me know what you think of these theories...

"There is no negative one..."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The first thing I thought of when I read this post, was something I heard in a psychology lecture once about mind-reading. I don't mean mind-reading in the paranormal sense of the word, I mean when two people like mother and daughter or husband and wife, are so in tune with each others' everyday ways, living in the same house, spending so much time together, watching the same tv programmes, maybe even reading the same books, having a similar upbringing, etc. etc. that they start second guessing each other. They say what the other is thinking before it comes out of their mouth, they phone the person just as they are about to pick up the phone to dial the other and sometimes even having similar dreams. It also may be linked with and makes me think of global consciousness which I believe works in a similar way as people are tuned into the media and cultural signs of the time.

I'm sorry if you read this and think its got nothing to do with the original post, but that is what came to my mind after reading it.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No need to be sorry!..
I think one of the implications of the post is that we tune in to eachother, so much that, we can almost read each other's minds by retracing the steps we feel the other person has taken...
One question is, how do you feel this thread relates to the other thread mentioned (keeping up...)?

"There is no negative one..."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy