You don't create things that you want. You create things that you give your attention to whether you want them or not. - Chiron
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Eastern Philosophy is comfortable

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Pythagoras invented pythagoras' theorom. He found that by rearranging triangles into different shapes we essentially could rearrange them into a kind of square with a gap representing a square in the middle. By moving the triangles, he noted that if and only if the one side was a right angle that the square of the hypotenuse was equal to the square of the one side plus the square of the other side.

This transgressed over to asia. They invented decimals and looked deeply into astronomy. They tried to reveal patterns in nature and represent them by number. The number zero and the word algebra are Asian inventions. A lot was done in ?Baghdad actaully. With this came Islam, together with the ways of Busshism and I assume Christianity. If we look to Buddhism we see that rituals, etc. were done by the samurais simply because written word was not yet precise enough to formulate the precise elemental mix that copmosed the metal of their swords. So ceremonies helped people remember the process, and I would add later became rituals with I assume religious connotation. Islam prevented itself in one way by forbidding to analyse the form of the human body; which kept it back from advances in medicine.

Islam started also to have temples that represented flows of water and the meditation associated with comfort. By this the adventurer spirit was lost. Man became contempt and discoveries were not so accelerated. So to me the end of the eastern philosophys that we now think of mysteriously are in truth old and dried up. They have accepted their lot.

In order for us to advance we must accept mediatation as an old practice. We should not lose a sense of nature and the feel to create new things. ?But it must not be contempt. And that is, I feel, something that is being propogated in new age circles. It is the acceptance of what we know or to look at it another way the rejection of new discoveries. I prefer the latter. I think new discoveries need to be made; and we must stop dwelling on the fizzles between old things, but the purpose to accelreate ourselves into new horizions.

""No words""
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy