The trouble with ignorance is that it picks up confidence as it goes along. - Locut0s
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Write To Your Senators and Congressman

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you go to the following address: http://capwiz.com/pdamerica/issues/alert/?alertid=9233036&type=CO
You can compose a letter to your Congressmen and Senators about how you feel about the current situation. I have done this and below is a copy of what I wrote. For some of you who might find it difficult to find the right words, you can copy my letter, whole or in part and use it as you may. Of course I will post this on my blog, and if you come up with something really catchy or powerful, send it to me and I will add that to this post.

quote:
The Iraq study group suggested that we sit down with Iran, Syria and al-Sadr.

Bush has decided to ignore this and instead, escalate. Against the better judgment of Rank and File, and even John McCain has reservations that we will not be able to escalate this enough to win.

What we keep hearing is that we can't lose. Can't lose what? Oil contracts?

The Iraqi's want us out of there, they know what is best for them and we don't have a right to their oil. This is just wrong.

Instead of turning enemies into cooperative neighbors, instead we will have more enemies.

Every human being has the right to eat and drink safe water. We have taken this from them and offered them Democracy and now tell them that their Democracy isn't good enough, we will do what we want anyways. Mr. Bush even tells us that our Democracy doesn't know any better.

al-Sadr says he will send our boys home in wooden coffins and in the end we will leave without our oil contracts leaving behind starving children who have grown up in fear with a hatred for the United States as possible future terrorists.

Stop this madness, as a responsible human being you must, as our representatives, you are required to serve the publics better interests.

Instead the White House serves the oil companies, defense contractors and Saudi Arabia who has profited greatly off of this. Even China who earns interest on the money they loan us for this. But the American people have already lost while being fed a lie that they must continue losing.

Thanks
Roger The Okcitykid

http://okcitykid.bravejournal.com/entry/25255

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
[  Edited by okcitykid at   ]
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wayback is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As hard as it is to believe that Bush decieved the people into the War in Iraq yet not only are we still at war but that Bush is still in power stalling all peaceful resolution except for domaination of the Iraqi people by the USA? What is it that we are really forcing upon these people, certainly not democracy!

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wouldn't say the war in Iraq is about oil anymore, at least not for the most part. You have to understand that when a country's government is taken down, chaos ensues. Bush has opened up a can of worms by removing Hussein from power. If we left Iraq now, some other malevolent dictator would rise to power.

Reconstructing a government is a very tricky subject. To be honest, with the current state of Iraq as it is, I think many Iraqis would prefer being ruled by Hussein, simply for the order that was maintained. Also, I'm afraid we aren't trying to give Iraq a democracy... this is a confusion of words. What we are really trying to give them a constitutionalist government. And just for the record, the US is not a democracy either.

"The truth will set you on fire"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy