Playing the drums is like making love, playing fast will make those who have never done it amazed, but pointless to those who have. - UnderDawg
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A Little Bit of Everything

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I guess this makes more sense when you talk about body parts or states of mind…
But, my theory is that everything you've ever come into contact with becomes a part of you and stays with you, popping up in every moment ever after…
The idea of your hand, or an ice-cream you had once, or that thought you had about the square-faced boy… well, they all stay with you, and they all affect your present situation…
Some experiences reinforce others, until some experiences become part of a routine… But they all stay with you, whether you consciously remember them or not…
One interesting part of this for me was that you still hold memories of happy times at sad times, and sometimes you don't know whether to smile or frown…
Also interesting is that you can think about love and have hate be remembered, not in an annoying way, just that it's there… Everything you've ever thought before is right there with you…You might just call this ‘memory', but I think it is more than that…
To me this is a ‘Readying State', an ‘Assortment of Mental Building Blocks', a ‘Book of Life' (where the pages are open at the same time)… Basically it is many things…
You can be thinking of one thing in particular, with the abilities of other things all around you…
One benefit is that you've made many, many calculations in the past… Of thoughts, situations, bodily-functions and brain-functions, etc… And you can and do draw on this power, to make something more out of a situation than to just view at as mindfully as possible… You can overlay the pages of that 'Book of Life' (where the pages open at the same time are partly assembled to make a pattern)…
Maybe when you next think about memory you'll look at it a little differently… But feel free to forget it again, you'll only take it with you anyway…
If I could offer any advice in dealing with this phenomena, it would be go ahead and make pretty patterns, and try and remember them, or show them to someone else, so that we can fill our ‘Books of Life' with some real ‘purty pictures'…
I'll leave you with one thought… A world without memory would be one without words, one without perception, one without order, one without justice… And I don't think I like the idea of that world (speaking from a Human perspective)…

"There is no negative one..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
from what i have encountered, with regard to neurological research and theory, there are more than enough neurons in the human brain to remember exactly everything the organism experiences. indeed, some research suggests that all is remembered in its entierty, and it is the disconect (real specific, right?) between one's total memory and their accessable memory during conscious search that creates the illusion of forgetting. personally, i do not know what the fuck is going on in the mind, and i understand that this responce is not well timed, but fuck it. just speculation, right.

"dont got one"
 46yrs • M •
I value your feedback…
Mostly I was just talking about the value of memory…
And how, just about everything you've been through stays with you for every moment after, whether prominent or not…
Another thing I was trying to say, is we should somehow make the most of that phenomena…
Forgetting is real ‘doozy'… I guess you know enough to know that you know, but not enough to bring the whole memory out… You'd remember it later… It's not gone entirely… But for now it is beyond you….
Perhaps that's the key to understand this kind of memory (the accessible), it's there but it's not prominent to point you in a million directions at once… Then again, maybe it's being pointed in a million directions at once that makes it beyond you to look in just one…
Sorry for repeating bits of what you said, btw…

46yrs • M •
I came up with a good reason for forgetting...
If you forget all the times you've failed, underachieved, or gone beneath your better self, it may help you bring out, by remembering, the best course of action...
This would allow for you to minimise what you'd need to memorise what you need to get through a moment in time...
Forgetting thus can save you time...
Although if the objective was to remember every moment, it may have limited use...
This idea relates to another thread in Emotions and Psychology called "One Tries One's Best"...

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes I can see how you link it to other threads such as "one tries one's best." I also thought about the thread on cells and memories (can't think what its called right now) ; But basically I was thinking when I read the previous comments above how completely individual and unique we all are because of the uniquness of our experiences, and how every minute difference in our perceptions and hence the cascade of neurological activity and then memory makes us completely and utterly different from every other being in the universe not just every other human on the planet! And yes it all must stay with us in our very make up in our very cells and becomes a part of our bluebrint of who we are and I suppose gets translated through our RNA and DNA, so in effect we are all made up of the experiences of every one of our blood ancestors that came before us making us more and more complex and unique (evolution!) How cool is that!

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PhilipMui is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorceress
Hmm intresting, but the human mind, an extrondinary tool materialistically and spritually.. It can either be generated
spantanious perspective good or bad. But my point is if people
can Psychoanalytically hypnotise themselves and think so hard about losing or gaining weight, or ridding of their cancer cell and in most cases proof positive. Native American Indians use to go in the woods when they felt like it was time and just fell asleep instantly and dieing. If this is all cases of the mind over matter... Can we influence evolution? Can we influence how our next generation is by deep meditation? But the real answer morals? I mean just like mental therapy you must know what is wrong with your body, well not what is wrong, what is damaged. But to know one's own DNA and RNA and the structure of it is absurb, you may kill yourself in the process or thus killing your baby. My over point of everything I write, everything I conjure up is not that to prove that there is so many possibilities out there, infinite possibilities will all of them false and fact for perception. It's just to prove that most people only look at one perception throughout their whole lifes analytically and somaticly.

"Thy Lovest Soul"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy