Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Brain Muscles

User Thread
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Black Gold is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Brain Muscles
You strain to lift something, you strain to think…
Muscles are what you're straining when you lift…
What do you strain when thinking?
Are there muscles in the brain?
Is it something to do with nerve innovation?

Please try and answer these questions, because I am not sure of the answer…

"There is no negative one..."
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think when you are straining to think, you are actually trying to make a connection or a link with another thought. So for example when you are trying to remember something, your brain is working hard to make a connection to something farmiliar. It is how the neural networks of neurons with related information are firing. I see it like a little string of firecrackers going off. Isn't it annoying when something is on the tip of your tongue or at the edge of your memory and you just can't bring it to the surface. Imagine how hard the brain of someone with brain damage and memory loss or alzheimer's disease must be working, always trying to remember something but can't quite get it.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 40yrs • M •
da404lewzer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ya, it always remindes me of mysql queries. you can have lots of data into a database, the more data you have the more time it takes to process it all. the stress on a server is it's processor, which is similar to us humans in ways..

sometimes i wonder if the mind remembers things as it sees them, but in a hybrid 2d-3d way. it seems when i think of specific things in dark rooms, i ususally 'see' the items in 3d, but in the direction i remember seeing them, almost in 2d. so perhaps the way you view something, changes the way you find it again. moving your head around thinking might make the correct neural pathway line up..

Brain Muscles
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy