Most people who say violence is not the answer never gave it a chance - think4yourself
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

A new path.

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Endless Feed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A new path.
I used to be shy and somewhat anti-social. Now I realize I want to become socail and what not. I dont know how to becomem mroe social or what to do. My friends arnt very social so i sometimes think maybe hang out with those who are. But Mainly I dont really know what I should do or how to do it. I am silent and usualy dont talk. mainly because im shy/afraid of what I might come off as, or simply have no idea what to say.

35yrs • M •
I do play sports and am planning to go to dances, I have gone to three party this year (year is just starting). BUt I found that i was kinda shy tehre and not really able to kinda interact with most well because of it.

35yrs • M •
hanging out with others sure is fun,but i have gone to some parties recently and not have a blast there. other thing is I sometimes worry of my what others percieve of me, maybe thats an issue.

35yrs • M •
The things I enjoy doing are Playing computer games, biking, hanging out with friends. I think the issue is, im afraid to get burned/rejected. Go up to a group and not have such a good encounter. mainly im afraid of taking risks.

34yrs • M •
David_Flowers is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yeah I've been thinking about the same things as you recently Endless. I've been trying to "reinvent" myself for a couple of years and I can't seem to do it. What I strongly recomend is to make sure that at the end of the day, you can say that you didn't take any shit from anybody and you don't give a flying fuck about what people think about you.

"Its none of your business what other people think about you". This is a quote from somebody on the internet, but its SOOOO true. You don't have to impress anybody. And from experience I can tell you that if you don't respect yourself, no one will.

My problem is that I guess I'm not what people would call "cool". I guess I don't fold to other people's opinions so they conflict with my own. Most of my friends are from the trend called "Indie". This is mainly where you wear tight pants and listen to incredoubly bad music.......I don't. I listen to seemingly less popular music (I don't care, U2 and is a good band damn it). I dress differently (no women's clothing or kid's t-shirts). I guess I'm trying to fit in with the wrong crowd? But nobody else has the same level intellect or mindset as me.

Everybody seems to think that this one guy I know is soooo cool, but I don't see why. He's an arrogant, posing, bastard that thinks he's got everything figured out...when he doesn't really, he's throwing his life away. I guess in some basic way I'm jealous and discouraged by his success on being popular/important. I don't care about being popular, just wish somebody would hang out with me...b/c they wanted to, not b/c they needed something or it was convienant. It hurts.

35yrs • M •
I feel you, i do have friends, but there anti-social. THe way I remember i made a lot of friends at places (there all in colledge, so i cant hang out with them at the moment) was simply just show that you have your own character ina scence and your unbreakable. Alpha male mentality here, i find a lot of people who I thought were cool break easily. Good luck on accomplashing your goal, i wish you success.

A new path.
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy