Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why is religion such a violent topoic?

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
David_Flowers is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
You always see news tickers at the subway station flashing phrases like "12 killed in market place bombing in Iraq" or "Israeli rockets fire into Palestine". If you stop to think about it, most of the war and violance in the world is caused by religion. Religions that are supposed to be completely about love and peace. Why couldn't Muslims live with Christians, and Budhists* live with Hindu's, atheists with theists? Why do people always have to blow up the topic into a full scale war.

Islam teaches love (supposedly) but they crash planes into buildings full of innocent people with their own lives that have absolutely nothing to do with Muslims. People with families and dreams, plans for the future. Why do Muslims blow themselves up at crowded bus stations, what point do they serve by doing this? It doesn't give any credit or persuade anybody that their religion is in any way "better".

Christians claim to be followers of Christ. The hypocicy* of most (not all) Christians is damaging to their religion as well. They seem to like the idea of God/Jesus when they need him. They're not as faithful (as a whole) as Muslims, but they seem to be more about love and less about slaughter of innocents.

Buddhists*, well these guys seem to be pretty much straight foward. You can't hate these guys, they're very peaceful and probably the best model of all the religions.

I don't know a lot about Hinduism or any primitive religions, I just wanna know why people always make such a big deal about other people with different opinions. Sure I don't like the idea of Islam, but I'm not gonna blow them up for it. I'm not gonna start entire wars over an opinion of faith. Its personal, not international. I just don't understand why we can't co-exist.

Please post, I'm very curious.

34yrs • M •
David_Flowers is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I wasn't talking about everybody just religions in general. But it does seem that most Islamic nations have a hatred for Christian ones (especially America). Atheists get all fired up at believers, and visa versa. It just seems that everybody tries to justify their religion through violance or hatred. I see what you're saying about political influences but their still seems to be a hatred towards other religions.

Just curious, what jusitce can you seen in the 9/11 attacks. I'm not accusing you of being anti-American, just thinking about what you posted.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Perhaps you are being some what lead astray, I open this morning's paper to find that the state will execute a man for killing 6 college students here . . . may be a disproportional emphisis on the War?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that brave_phantom is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hi all
Dicous, u said the point i wanna refer to...war in iraq doesnt have any relegious reasons. its just for political and financial ones. but the situation in palestine differs. its religous and financial in same time.
Israelians want the land as God told them before (however they lost this word coz they didnt follow him) and the money and other sources from the palestinean land. i belive that USA doesnt bother much about relegion as their country. they may do something wrong as God said but they say its right just coz the country will benefit

"he who has many friend has no friend to spare, but he who has one enemy will meet him everywhere"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy