Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Steve Irwin

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Steve Irwin
RIP February 22, 1962- September 4, 2006

From what I've seen on tv and the article I read on CNN, Steve was filming a documentary off the north eastern coast of Austrailia in the Great Barrier Reef. While shooting the Sting ray segment, always being the one to get as close and personal as possible, swam very closely above the Sting ray and out of defence alone stung Steve right through the chest into his heart sending him immediately into cardiac arrest.

I honestly feel terrible about this. Wife lost a great hustband, 2 kids lost a great dad, and millions of viewers lost a great icon. It just goes to show you that freak accidents happen to even the most trained professionals and could happen at any time. Being someone who is facinated by wild life and nature, and regularly looked to "the crocodile hunter" as a reliable source of understanding, really hit hard to see him go so suddenly..

It's really a shame and I hope for the best of his wife, kids, and family.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This seems to have affected a great number of people. He was such a jovial guy, one of the more lively personalities on television. Everyone expected him to get eatin by a croc and though it was a bit random, he did still die doing what he loved.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The world will most definetlly be diffrent now that he is gone. I used to love watching his show I hope his wife carries on with it. It is always sad when a beloved conservationist dies but it happens.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Oblivion is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i just learned about this today.i cant honestly say i was fan of him,but he was a very interesting guy.and like wyote said, he was a very jovial individual with a constantly positive personality.i never imagined him being stung by a stingray,little alone pierced through the heart.that had to be a one-in-a-million shot.

i'll never forget him.

"If You Aint Ammo, You Aint Shit."
Steve Irwin
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy