Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

All those with a good knowledge of christianity, please post.

User Thread
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that her is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a) if jesus died, why didnt the other parts die along with him. i mean the holy spirit, and god.
b)god is in three parts.. but its still a monothiest religion
c)will all of mankind be saved because of jesus's sacrifice or just those who accept the gift, if so the he hasnt exactly saved us all has he?
d)how authentic is the bible.
e)is it true that woman originally were told to cover their hair or to shave it all.
f)did god create jesus.
g)did gid create the holy spirirt.
h)has god a wife.
i know thats a lot of questions, but i need answers.

thanks you.

"I have nothing to be proud of today but hopefully tomorrow I will."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
a) Good point - something to think about. (However the Christian interpretation is that the Son of God entered into a human body and suffered a human death to gain understanding of this and to pay the price for our sins). I could be wrong, but I think the whole idea is ridiculas, I can't make any sense of it.

b) If you read the bible, you will not find the teaching of the trinity anywhere in it, it is an implied interpretation. That being said, if you chose to believe in the trinity, you can imply any interpretation you like to it, as it is not specifically taught in the bible.

c) So far, I think I like the Mormon's interpretation to that, and that is yes. My opinion however is that only the living souls will be saved and that Jesus's life and death played a part in it.

d) I fear that I am not fully capable of determining what part of the bible is true or false but follow my gut instincts and should I be incorrect, I think God is merciful.

e) It has been a common belief in most traditions that women should be covered and in some traditions, if she has brought shame to the family, her hair would be shaven off. That I know of, the bible only teaches that a women should be covered. These traditions mean nothing to me, this were I believe traditions of man have been made into rules from above.

f) God created all of us - again, good point. But if Jesus is actually a part of God, well then, God can't create itself.

g) There are portions in the bible where God is referred to as her or she, this is interpreted as the holy ghost part of God. Mormons however take this literally and believe that God has a wife. If the Holy Spirit is a part of God, of course God could not create itself.

h) Refer to g.

I give you the Christian, Mormon (who may also be Christian - depending on who you talk to) and my belief - and you might come up with your own, and that's okay. You see, nowhere in the bible when it speaks of the Judgment does it ever mention that God will ask you - what did you belief? I really don't think God cares what you think, and if you think it matters, you place to much on your physical brain. I don't believe God will put an A student above a B student - unless maybe that A student designed something that saved peoples lives, and that would be the only exception. The church puts far to much emphasis on beliefs, causing people to think that if they believe the right things, they will be the most favored - that's nuts. That is taught no where in any scripture I have read anywhere. If you want to be the favored of God - here's the deal. The peacemakers will be called children of the most high. All you have to do is make people stop fighting, and it don't matter what you believe. I'm sure that's just one thing you can do. But this I am sure of, everyone is different and has their special talent. Find that talent God has given you and be that talent, and you will be God's most favored.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
(However the Christian interpretation is that the Son of God entered into a human body and suffered a human death to gain understanding of this and to pay the price for our sins)
Ya I wouldn't be so quick to accept that aspect either?
The Older Traditions maintain an agreement =>covenant was made which is held in belief as the Christ. {NT. is also references as the 'son of GOD' as used in these Testaments.}
quote:
Some Christiansmay put forth NT scripture such as parables like vineyard or some other

Christian belief that in His Life, Jesus is held to be the fulfilment of that portion of the covenant with God. His Life is neccessary to bare true witness to mankind the nature of the true 'child of God' or that which we should [could?] be Christ_like.
quote:
) God created all of us - again, good point. But if Jesus is actually a part of God, well then, God can't create itself.

The ancients used verbs which attributes are breathe . . . God breath (spoke) and the world existed. . . so God exist beyond our existence?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy