Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The End of the World

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
poser_kozer is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The End of the World
Alright, maybe its just me, but I've noticed theres a lot of hype driffting around about the End of Times. You can't deny it. Everywhere you look you see religious and scientists proclaiming that the end is near.

A lot of religioius people I know are saying things like "oh the signs are all around us...it won't be long...very very soon...". Scientists like the famouse Stephen Hawking are also flashing warning signs like: global warming, nuculear war, over-population, biological outbreak, radiation, cancer, world wide terrorism, etc

This is really fucking disturbing to me. And I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

Do you think that we're living in the worlds "last days"?
How do you think its all going to end?
Big balls of fire that consume the earth, or maybe its not even existant...

If you're not religious and you don't believe in the anti-Christ and the second coming and judgement on the world, do you think that scientifically we're still fucked? Couldn't we do something about global warming or nukes?

Tell me what you think.

59yrs • M •
IrishPagan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The world has been ending for two thousand years now.
Monothiests point to all the weather and geographical "upheavels".
Hello?
We live on a dynamic planet that has gone through major changes in the air, climate, and in the ground, and will continue to do so as long as we swing around the sun. with no notice or care about the teeming life on its surface.
Scientists shout "global warming" and other things. I agree that man may be accelerating this change, but it is a natural occurance, and has happened throughout the ages of this planet. You can still find petrified tropical trees in the Sahara for pities sake. The Great Lakes were carved out by glaciers.
We have already "survived" one man made extinction, the Cold War. I've no idea if you are old enough to remember living under that threat, but it wasn't fun sometimes. We will either come to our senses and quit killing each other wholesale, the people who want to kill each other will and the rest of us will live in peace, or we will annihalate each other in a mushroom shaped meteor of our own extinction.
Hope this made you feel better.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All the religous hype about the end times is just reterict to make people see their way. As for science well they are right to an extent we are accelerating the procces but as Pagan said it's a natural proccses. Sure we are pretty much living under the constant threat of extention even though we think the cold war is over ex. North Korea (possiblly) Iran(doubtfull but the US dioest like it). Along with our country being under the stupid leardership of Bush doesnt make things any better. Side note has any one noticed that we are almost 6 years exactally from the Mayian prediction of the end of the world. Makes you wonder how they define ending of the world though.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
The End of the World
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy