Existence does not exist - Bram Van Santvoort (Oblivionbram)
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

So incredibly confused...

User Thread
 41yrs • F •
toomanytimes is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I am new here and have been dealing with a relationship issue that I suspect most people have had to deal with at one time or another. I have been in a commited relationship for about seven months now and for the passed month we have been having major communication issues. We argue over the smallest things and continue to argue about these nothing issues until we blow them up into major problems. It could be caused by the fact that we spend A LOT of time together. I hate to think that we can't spend that much time together without getting into an arguement because then we have much larger problems... Any advice???

40yrs • M •
splacka8 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Your arguments and miscommunication could be caused by competition towards each other's different opinions? That's normal. The key factor is 'balance' - balance the time you spend alone v.s the time you spend together...then balance the things you do alone v.s the things you do with your partner and vice-versa, that way there is better interaction and less miscommunication. Now live life to the fullest!

""Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.""
 35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
More than likely one of you arent completely satisfied with the relationship and you are hiding behind that, because neither of you want the relationship not to be as perfect as you have both assmued, by arguing all of the time. Have you asked him whats wrong yet? Have you asked him if he was feeling detached or something like that?

Its best to find out why the two of you are having bad feelings, and the best way I know is to ask qeustion after qeustion untill the truth is found.

Start with the most obvious, yet most painful one. "Do you want to break up with me?"

Then go from there.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that FreakishOne is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I was just going through the exact same thing, actually. I found that when we spent just a couple days away from each other, things were much more relaxed and enjoyable when we spent time together again.

Anybody, given a substantial amount of time, will get on one's nerves after a while.

Besides, not seeing somebody for a couple days really makes you realize just how much you appreciate them. Its nice.

"Give me the freedom to destroy"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Roninheart19 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
absolutely. Think about it, If you spend most of your time with one person, eventually things are going to become routine. My advice is to either go out and do something you havent done together, or to spend less time together so when you do see eachother again, you'll have something fresh to talk about. Remember, sharing the same experiences day after day doesn't make for good conversation...you'll usually get "yeah..i know...i was there..remember??" and nobody likes to hear that shit. ^_^

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
time alone is good, but make sure you are doing something during that time, go out and do something rather than sit in watching a film or "chatting". i've been dating the same girl for 2yrs 4months and after spending 2 weeks with more or less just her on holiday we still get on each others nerves and get tetchy and arguementative, though only on the last few days, because the first part of the holiday we ahd kept ourselves busy most of the time, just we rested for the last few days and spent the time sitting around reading or playing on the computer and feeling bad that despite our close proximity we were totally ignoring each other. you do need some time seperate from the other person.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy