Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

PhotoArt Appreciation - Page 3

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
C thanks for help I am open to criticism, I really new at this and I was just using a power shot. I am now reading up on the actual techniques and the art of photography. Thanks

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I am now reading up on the actual techniques and the art of photography. Thanks
Thank you, I am glad to have been an encouragement to further your understanding.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 34yrs • M •
i am looking at getting a new camera any suggestions? i looking for a mid range digital camera.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 72yrs • M •
Ah, sorry the digital I do is to archive projects for use on the web. I am a pretty strick film adherent.

72yrs • M •
In fact, I do some shooting with a friend digital camera. One shot I took some time back (approx 2 yrs). Not that it was a great shot but I printed it as an 8 1/2 x 11 full @ 1200 dpi & she stuck it up on her refrigerator. Been there ever since looking at it every time she in into the refrigerator.
She liked the place, it was built in 1895 & in bad need of restoration. I guess it represented an ideal, starting off in a new place setting up a bed & breakfast may be . . . as a hope for a different (better) future. For me, I loved the old trees, especially the ones in the front but it was rather a difficult shot to get right.
quote:
I didn't find the original file so I scanned the print, just so you know.
The oak in front has a palm tree growing out of the center of the oak & extends above the oak. I wanted to show the base & the top but it is taller than the 2-story building next to it & with electric lines/poles produce some cropping problems.

34yrs • M •
taken in the mountains of new mexico while hiking

34yrs • M •
taken in the mountains of new mexico while hiking

72yrs • M •
In fact I originally shot it as a (4x5) LF photograph, so I knew the place & thought she would like it. I couldn't get close enough to cut the pole out yet get tree tops? We went back to the area recently, so we decided to stop by just to see what had come of the old place. It had been bought & some work done on it. I had my 35mm with me so I took some shots.
This is a scan of a b&w print of the front of the trees, I took with a (N35 -135 mm lens) setting of 35mm from across the street. After my first shoot I had thought that I would only be able to get the shot with something like an 8x10 or one of its derived formats (like a 5x8 or 4x10).

34yrs • M •
is there any way to post an image that is larger than 650 kilobytes because i have an image that i really think needs to be posted

72yrs • M •
Oh, nice shot of the meadows! It would seem we are posting at the same time or I would have commented about it, first. I did take one other shot of it, I climbed out on a limb, & took a couple of shots . . .
quote:
larger than 650 kilobytes
generally the site sets upload limits so you might ask or you can reduce the size factor then reduce the dpi for web usage. But web is not going to give a high definition display if you are wanting to bring out details.

PS: Note missing power pole / lines from view!

34yrs • M •
yeah I will have to ask because I really don't want the quality to be reduced by size. I feel like the size capacity is too low maybe d can work on it.

34yrs • M •
This is the image I wanted to post without converting it but here is it converted

72yrs • M •
Nice sunset, Crytic Truth?
Oh sometimes getting a photo may involve extreme measures, like climbing out on a limb. But as you can see it may not be all that extreme & can be insightful as well.

72yrs • M •
Fact is the climb down was a bit more than the climb up. But as I turned around I found this shot so appealing, I stopped to take it.
quote:
b&w are scans of prints . . color are scans of negatives
Some tend to promote the ideal of nature being a vicious competition for survival but if you look closely, one can see that life coexist & form beneficial relationships.

34yrs • M •

PhotoArt Appreciation - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy