Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Finish The Story

User Thread
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ScorcherTheMe is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Finish The Story
Here's an idea I got from a friend. I'll start a story, and then come up with an idea to continue it. Don't end it off, so that the next person can post.

Let's see where it takes us.

Once upon a time there was a princess by the name of Gertrude Fergatroid. She wasn't the most beautiful princess of all the kingdoms, but she did have some things going for her. She lived in a village called Condoville and had servants a many.

One day, while out strolling with the wildlife in their natural environment (we call it downtown sidewalks), she came across a brilliantly handsome knight who stopped by her side with his yellow horse (taxi cab I believe is another term).

"Yo Lady, need a lift?" the swave gentleman said to her.

"Upon her 1st glance upon his rugged masculine features (ok, ok...he hadn't shaved for a week & his hat was on crooked) she felt as though she had tasted the greatest chocolate of all the lands for the very 1st time.

She responded with, "Why yes, thank you so much kind & gracious sir" as she smacked her bubblegum & adjusted her bosom.

Gertrude entered the cab as the handsome knight closed the door behind her. As he entered the cab...

"You are what you say you are."
 33yrs • F •
i curse diverse is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
With such a shocking question that had just been asked, gertrude suddenly panicked. Frantically she tried to open the door, but it was locked, so she said "What the hell", and let him have his way with her. She didnt really mind because see, this Gertrude chick had a plan. he leaned in and they kissed. She spit her gum into his mouth as they exchanged saliva where he began to choke on it. Suddenly his entire face became blue and he gasped for air while gripping onto Gertrude's arm. Gertrude just took a long sigh and whipped out her switchblade. Off went the psycho's arm and out jumped Gertrude. She walked along the street carelessly, when she came across a little kid pulling out a pack of juicy fruit.

Tapping the kid on the shoulder, Gertrude asked politely, "hey could you spare a piece please?"

"a song that no one sings."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Y0D4 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The kid handed Gertrude a piece of juicy fruit and Gertrude took it frantically as if her life depended on it.

As Gertrude walked down the dark gleamy ally, she noticed a shadow on the wall, she looked quickly behind her but there was nothing there, she continued down the ally where she had seen the shadow ounce more and as she looked behind her down the ally she noticed it was just a cat scavenging for a meal. Gertrude relieved turned foward and all of a sudden Condoville appeared out of no where with both arms (as one of them was cut off earlier).

Gertrude did not know what this man was seeing his arm grew back after she cut it off. Gertrude frightened as she was ran back, picked the cat up and threw it at Condoville but that did not help at all, all it did was make him even madder than he already was..

Condoville started to run towards Gertrude but a mysterious man fell from the skies. this mysterious man did not say a word as he stopped Condoville.

This mysterious man took Condoville and dissovled his body just by giving him one touch of his hand. The Mysterious man turned to Gertrude and said one thing, "The War Has Begun".

Gertrude not knowing who this man was and hearing his words decided to bolt down the ally not looking back, the mysterious man suspiciously did not try to chase her down but all he did was vanish into millions of white spiders..

Gertrude stopping down the ally sees a mark on the wall of a white spider not even thinking why she stopped to look at this mark just up and remembers her past and a brief moment of seeing a white spider and ponders about what this meaning was..

Gertrude confused continues down the ally into the darkness of the night....

"Loving someone that doesn't love you is like reaching for a star, you know you'll never reach it but you just got to keep trying"
[  Edited by Y0D4 at   ]
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Extracting herself from her deepest feelings of weakness, she had again reverted back to her one reliance of security.
Destroy your enemy...
Yet, is that all there is in this limitless world? she asked herself?
I'm in need of 'fulfilment'
What encompasses my life?
Empty reactions?
"An eye for an eye?"
She had contemplated this for years on end. Unfortunately, days of struggle for survival relinquished the fulfilment she craved... and drew down her psyche into "understanding" - and finally defeating the "predators" she hated.
She longed for substance.
Breaking bones did not make her happy.
She reached for a fulfilment, yet to be perceived.
Relentlessly- yet extraneously, the woman who could decide death upon a whim just reacted to others.
She chewed her gum, rolling it about in her mouth as she rolled these thoughts about in her mind.
Am I not being a victim? she wondered. Unhappy because i am just a reflection of those I hate?
The flavour slowly leeching from her gum, she used it to ruminate one last time.
WHY? She asked herself.
Why am I here? Why is this the entirety of my life?
Hesitantly, she gave in to the deep part of herself that knew these answers, yet waited for her consciousness to discover it for itself. It grew from within and she let it drum the pace in her heart.
Ever more, we are human.
Human.
However you decide to group yourself. Derive yourself, determine, covert, overt yourself, mimic and deprive yourself, align yourself, get yourself off...
Just remember, your actions are yours. Others are their own. And you must be able to look yourself in the mirror when the Scythe of Oblivion is descending to cut your roots from this existence and your life flashes before you.

She continued walking the road, looking, searching....

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
[  Edited by Chained Wings at   ]
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
As the man ran to his truck, the drunken woman stumbled back into its confines.

"Eewwwww! I hate ssspidersss! She complained. "Creepy, hairy bodiesss and all thossh grasssping legsss." she slurred.

"Well get in and shut the door!" the truck driver yelled.

But just before he reached his truck he felt something brush the inside of his pants leg. The telltale patter of many ticklish legs moving up his calf.

He stopped and frantically shook his leg as if it were alight.
Out fell a large back spider, which he immediately squished beneath steel capped workboots.

As the arachnid ground into the bitumen and a sickly yellow, green paste spread from beneath his heel, the man could have sworn he felt some kind of vibration resonate from his foot like a ripple. It spread out all around him and gave him a great sense of uneasiness.

As if the spiders weren't enough to unnerve him.

He turned and ran once again, grabbed the pull handle of the truck's door and heaved his none too small bulk back into the cabin.

What he saw stole the breath from his lungs.

His mistress sat still as a statue, wine bottle held in frozen hand. Her face a tableau of absolute fear and terror, mouth hung wide open, as if to scream.

But not a sound had escaped.

And on one of her eyes a huge spider had attached itself. And was feeding on the soft jellylike tissue.

The truck driver was about to scream himself when something bit him on the hand. A sharp double prick, like two hot needles which burned in his veins the second he felt it. It grew in intensity and as the poison ran though his veins it left a strange lethargy in its tracks.

He found he couldn't move. Only stare in terror as the huge spider attached to his mistresses eye writhed about in a greedy feeding frenzy, all the while, more of the little black terrors swarmed into the cabin of his truck.

Somehow he felt detached from all that was happening. As much as it frightened and appalled him, he felt it was happening to somebody else.

Soon the interior of the truck had filled with so many crawling spiders they had piled up into one writhing mass between he and his lover.

And as the pile of dark limbs, shiny mandibles, and fuzzy abdomens grew ever higher, they seemed to coalesce into a dark shadowy shape.

Within a terror filled moment, the truck driver saw the spiders become a man.

This man, though nondescript, had something about him, something totally alien in a way he could not pinpoint.

And from behind round rimmed glasses the truckdriver noticed that one of the stranger's eyes was missing. Almost like he were a porcelain doll and part of his face had been cracked by a tiny hammer and fallen out. Only fathomless blackness lay within. And if the truck driver stared too long, he felt himself being drawn into that missing eye, as if it were the centre of a black hole.

The stranger dusted his jacket and looked at the truckdriver curiously, as if summing him up.

"Yes. You will do most nicely."

He cocked his head in a dismissive gesture at the woman with the wine bottle.

"She however, will not." he said with no emotion.

His focus once again fully centred on the truck driver. "Do you feel the poison coursing though your veins? I take that frightened look as a yes. Soon you will think as I do, and will obey my every whim. Now, close that door and get this vehicle moving again. We have much work to do."

The truck driver complied from a warm and fuzzy place where he knew his mind once lay.

As the wheels crunched over gravel and back onto the smooth road, the truck driver stole a glance at his once lovely lover. Her entire eye socket had withered and rotted, and was drooling yellow ooze. It slowly dripped off the hairs on the tips of the still feeding spider's legs down her frozen face.

And what was even more terrifying, was that the stranger that sat between him and this grizzly sight, now had two eyes.

The stranger adjusted his glasses in what seemed a habitual gesture. When he noticed the drivers observations, he winked at him with the new eye.

"What is that rhetoric you humans are so fond of living by?
An eye for an eye?"

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ben threw up.

Everything was moving. The truck, the cars, his blood, his thoughts. Nothing stood still. Everything kept abandoning him to his feelings of disgust.

Something was throbbing. It was pounding his head. So loud that he felt that his organs would flee from his body, preferring death to the throbbing.

He felt the eye. "Move this massiveness! We have much distance to cover. Over sofrla ngr!" It was the voice. The voice was the only thing there that made sense. Everything else was moving and spinning beyong his sight.

Ben fumbled with the steering wheel. Move...go. My hand. Something with my hand. Put my hand somewhere and move this thing. He felt his way to the hanging keys and turned them. The engine puttered like a sick man then hummed smoothly.

"Take me to this place," said the Voice. Ben's head turned willingly and looked at the stranger's hands, pointing to a red marking on a tattered page.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Gertrude had been running for quite some time, her heart pumping and her hand gripping tightly on the knife when slowly she became aware of her surroundings, she stopped and looked at the knife in her hand and at first was confused as to why it was there. The memory of the strange evening's events came rushing back to her and she screamed, dropping the knife in terror. Just as she did so a truck came plowing towards her through the trees, swerving as if out of control, she moved out of the way just in time for the vehicle to smash into what appeared to be the ruins of an old church.

She approached the crashed truck cautiously and opened the driver's side door. The body of a man fell out, his face frozen in terror. Then hundreds of little black spiders poured out of the cab and started towards the church like a sea of shadows.

The princess kicked off her high heeled shoes that were restricting her in the dense forest and followed the spiders into the old building...

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that ChrisD is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The church twisted its way up into the dark, black night. The stars were hidden, but the moon, full, shown through a crack in the clouds.

Gertrude's whole body quivered as she inched toward the gothic gates of the church. The building loomed over her, blacker than the night, almost giving the appearance of a bitter scowl. The soggy earth below her naked feet squished with every step. The closer she came toward the church gate the tighter she would clasp her knife...

tighter...

tighter....

tighter....

There was something about this place... It had this...

gravity...

about...

it...

There was no going back.

The passage into the church was sculpted in such a way that gargoyles and demons were tearing their way out of it. "Very strange for a church" thought Gertrude.

The door was opened a crack, "Just big enough to fit a peek" she thought. She pressed her face against the fissure. Suddenly...

"The truth will set you on fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A beautiful dark skinned young girl about five years old ran out, she was dressed in an exotic brightly sequened costume as though she was going to the Notting Hill carnival, silky ribbons billowed out the back and wings twice the size of her furled out around her shoulders.

As she ran for the stairs Gertrude's heart wanted to shout 'Don't run up you'll be trapped!' but nothing came out. The princess wanted to follow her and warn her about the dark spidery demon but her feet were rooted to the spot.

And then there he was, his dark eyes boring into her, his rancid breath choking her, but he didn't attack he ran straight up the stairs chasing the girl.

Finally the spell on Gertrude was lifted and she tore up the stairs after them and as she reached the top and saw the girl backing towards the edge and the devil spider man about to pounce, she went to scream, but something wonderful happened. The girl exploded into a brilliant white light and thousands of beautiful butterflies now fluttered around the church steeple and the dark man's evil head.

He shouted out in rage and then turned and saw Gertrude standing mouth open wide ready to scream...

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But nothing came from her mouth and feeling helpless she turned and ran through a side door of the ruined building in an attempt to hide, to get away.

It was quiet inside. And dark. Somewhat surprised that her aggressor had not followed her, she proceeded a little further into the darkness insecure that she could not see the surface over which she walked.

Taking careful steps forward and extremely conscious of her bare feet among some random debris beneath, she nevertheless felt glad that this made her passage completely soundless.

Soon she made out a yellow glow of light spreading from beneath a door. And moving towards it she was jolted to a halt when the door abruptly opened revealing a cavernous room behind. The silhouette of a woman carrying a box in her arms stepped out into the gloom. She stooped to set the box down on the ground only a short distance in front of Gertrude's feet. Gertrude held her breath. But the woman was preoccupied and had not had the time to adjust her eyes to the darkness. Immediately a petulant and demanding voice rang out.

“I want my fucking things BACK RIGHTNOW!”

Gertrude's attention was now directed to a small boy who sat at a desk in the middle of a vast room. An enormous black executive's chair supported his frail body where he sat surrounded by computer equipment. A large flat screen monitor flickered violet light across his round bespectacled face.

“Damian” the woman began softly, but then she yelled, “DO NOT SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT!” Clearly angry she spun around from where Gertrude stood frozen to the spot. And forgetting the open door behind her she made purposeful strides to the middle of the room.
The boy now turned his head away from the monitor that had held his attention and looked peevishly in the direction of the approaching woman. His round glasses framing an angry expression in his eyes and a grinding jaw making little flickering movements along the sides of his face.

68yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Before the woman could reach the boy she was intervened by a moving shape of black spiders that poured towards the desk.
Gertrude watched as the boy reached his hands towards them, allowing the little creatures access on his body.

As the spiders crawled up his arms and across his chest and neck, the boy let out a shrill squeal of laughter, his open mouth revealing rotten stumps for teeth.

Gertrude was intrigued and took a step closer into the doorway.

“GET OUT!”

The woman's voice clapped like thunder reverberating echoes throughout the room. Gertrude shrank back and watched as every spider scuttled off into crevices around the boy's desk and computer equipment. By now the woman had reached the desk.

“Damian” she said in a voice tremulous with anger “this has got to stop!” The boy sneered and swung his legs back and forth under the chair.

“Right. I will cut your Internet connection today and you will only be allowed one hours supervised access until further notice” She then turned abruptly and left the room by another door.

Gertrude waited concealed in the shadows and saw that the fearsome tall figure of the stranger had entered and now stood before the small boy's desk.
“Master” he said, “ I have failed”

The boy jerked up his head “You failed?”
The tall figure of the stranger who had appeared so frightening before to Gertrude now looked forlorn and dejected.

“I did as you suggested master” he began “but the princess pushed gum into my throat and I could not breathe… so I did not rape her, master I am so sorry…”

“You useless idiot, you oversized retard, you hairy-palmed mutant.” The boy's face was now purple with rage, and he pulled himself on top of the desk to stand above the man. Raising his hand to strike, a sudden noise somewhere behind Gertrude startled the scene.

Both pairs of eyes now swiveled in her direction.
“Go!' cried the boy triumphantly, and the tall stranger ran towards the open door.

Finish The Story
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy